Indiana Babies
Options

Cereal question...

Hey ladies!  Happy New Year's Eve!!!  Party!!!

Harper is totally ready for cereal and the pedi okayed it a month ago... I've been holding off for lots of reasons, but I think we need to do it ASAP as I'm going to start working part-time next week.  We were up about 52 times through the night last night (no joke) and my working on no sleep isn't going to happen.  We STTN all last week, even OOT, go figure, but this week has been hell.

Anyway, if we want it to help her stay full longer through the night, do we do it right before her 7:30pm feeding/bedtime routine, or do I just do it at dinner time (maybe 6 or 6:30 or so)?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cereal question...

• Options
    Josie just started this week--my pedi said 4 months is the earliest, but they rec 5 months, so you're right on tract there.  We're spoiled that Josie STTN and has since 2 1/2 months.  I've been giving it to her in the morning though, so I'm no help on that.  I'd probably say give it to her a little earlier in case she spits up after eating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I Think the first time we did cereal was earlier in the day just to let a reaction happen while we were up if one would happen.  Once it was a regular thing we would nurse, do cereal, bath, then nurse to sleep.  

We started about 5 months and she took right to it.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We've tried it at all different times and it never affected DD's sleep at all. I think I read somewhere that it's actually an old wive's tale that it helps LO's sleep longer at night. It doesn't hurt to try though! I would just try it at whatever time is convenient for you and adjust if it doesn't work.

Good luck!

• Options

At first, giving Andrew cereal kind of wore him out even though he didn't eat much of it.  He did not sleep any longer or different when we started cereal.  We did it 2 times per day, but not before bed so that he would take a nice, full bottle.

Maybe try a few different things and see how she does!  Hopefully she will do well and it will help her sleep :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"