Hawaii Babies
Options

rec your wet bag (and a little TMI story!)

We're going to start CDing a little more often than we have been.  Basically, I bought just 6 Fuzzibunz before H was born to try them out, with intentions of buying either more of these or something else after seeing how we liked these.  Well, even though I absolutely love them, for whatever reason we never got more and only use the ones we have about once a week.  Well, I've recently had an experience that is encouraging me to use them more often (see below if you want some TMI!).  So we're buying another half dozen diapers now (we'll still use 'sposies at daycare, but pretty much just CDs at home from now on).

Well, I only have one wet bag, a Planet Wise large, and I don't love it.  It's cute, and holds odors well, but the liner always holds water and soap inside when I wash it.  I'd like to get another large bag and maybe 2 small ones for on-the-go.  I was looking at Bummis and Bum Essentials.  I like that the Bummis zip, but the Bum Essentials have good reviews, too, and even though they have a drawstring, they look good.  Anyone want to tell me what you like (or don't) about your bag(s)?

So (TMI alert!), what has prompted this renewed interest in CDing?  Well, about a month ago I have Mirena implanted.  It's great so far, and think it's going to work out well.  But I have had non-stop spotting for the past month, as is normal at first.  But I've also had a lot of itching down there, and thought maybe yeast infection?  So I treated as such, with no success. Well, on Tuesday I had to go back to the gyne for a follow-up to check the Mirena's strings, and I mentioned the itching.  She took a look and declared that yes, the skin down there was all red and inflamed, but only on the outer skin, the inner skin was fine, which indicates a local irritant, not an infection.  She asked if I had been using pads and I sad yes, that there wasn't enough bleeding to warrant tampons, but I've had pantiliners on for the past month solid.  She said that explained it, that not only are they bleached, but they contain formaldehyde and other chemicals that can irritate with longterm use.  She said most women wouldn't experience any trouble only using them a few days each month, but constant use can cause problems.  She recommended using a washable liner if I still needed one (I really don't, the bleeding is pretty much done).  This got me thinking about 'sposies more.  While it's really and truly not practical (for us) to CD at daycare, I'd like to use more natural fabrics on my Monkeymoo's most delicate parts whenever possible.  :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: rec your wet bag (and a little TMI story!)

• Options

Scary story about the pads...yuck! I am glad your doc was straight forward with you! As for our wet bag, we have two WAHMIES diaper pail liners we use (rotated on wash days):

https://www.amazon.com/Whammies-Diaper-Pail-Liner-Laundry/dp/B001MFV998/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1293839113&sr=1-2 

You'll see I left a "meh" review for it on Amazon. We still use them though since I was too cheap to buy new ones.

and then for our days out I used two dry bags by Kushies:

https://www.amazon.com/Kushies-Wet-Bag-Pack-Large/dp/B0029DPGDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293839067&sr=8-1

One holds the dry/clean dipes, wipes, covers, etc. and the other holds soiled dipes and wipes.

• Options
    Yuck, scary story! I have the exact same products as Lori, and they've worked well for me. We've been using our two Wahmies pail liners for about 8 months now and they're still holding up great. We also wash and line dry. The Kushies are a good size for diaper bag use. I can fit 2 BGs in there (more PFs), but if we're out for a while and would need more diapers than that, I'm more likely to use sposies.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 2 planetwise pail liners, which I turn inside out to wash. No problem with odor (so far), though we did have water left in one once. I just wrung it out before hanging to dry. Also have a planetwise medium wetbag and a wet dry bag. Both those "open up" in the wash - I need to stuff the pul back in the outside layer after washing, if that makes sense. LOVE the wet dry bag! Also have the kushies but haven't used them yet. And eeps, I've been wearing pantiliners for 7 weeks straight now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We use planet wise bags for the trash can in Bella's room and I've never had a problem with them, we have two that we rotate. They are ok and they do the job. Never had a stink issue with them but we wash every other day. 

For our diaper bag we use an etsy seller (monkeyfootdesigns) wet bag. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I'll be buying a second one because we only have one. We just wash it on days we do diaper laundry (every other day). One has worked for us so far but we'll need a bigger one because of having 2 kids in CD in daycare. We have the large size which holds all of her CD laundry for daycare. If you aren't CDing for daycare and you aren't out of the house for more than 2-3 diaper changes, you could use a medium one.  

• Options

formaldehyde? yikes!

the wet bags i have are from vinh thi designs and they discontinued making them so i'm not help there. though i have heard good things about leslie's wet bags and they are available at abby's lane with 5% discount code if you join their newsletter (or i can give it to you if you want). if you're a new customer there, let her know i referred you in the comments box at checkout and i get a little bonus :)

for diaper pail i use a planet wise pail liner that i have no complaints about (WAHMIES pail liners seem equally popular/well liked)...i put it in a kitchen trash can (rectangular) w/a step pedal and i turn it inside out when washing. have never had issues with water in it afterwards though i do find i have to toss it in the dryer for 30 sec before hanging to dry or else it drips a lot (even if i wring it out first)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"