New York Babies

Vassar Brother's Medical Center in Poughkeepsie NY

Hi,I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this hospitals birthing center.  I wanted to schedule a tour of the facilities, however; the tours are all booked up until at least February.   I guess I really want to know how labor and delivery is handled from check in to check out.  For instance, do you get to labor in the same room that you and your new baby will stay in for the duration?  or do you have to labor in a separate non private area?  How much family can be by your side? (these things are kind of important to me)...any information that any of you out there may have would be helpful, thanks in advance 

Re: Vassar Brother's Medical Center in Poughkeepsie NY

• Hi, I responded over on 2nd Tri
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi  

I just saw!  Thanks!!   

• Loading the player...
  • they just expanded their l&d department. the labor rooms are smaller than they used to be, so there is a 3 person max at ur side during delivery only. these three people can not be switched out to another three. once u deliver and move to your postpartum room.. that is where u will stay and can have tons of family, friends etc.  its a good facility to deliver in and they have an excellent nicu...
    Enjoying parenthood after 3 1/2 long years of trying...
  • imagemrswaite806:
    they just expanded their l&d department. the labor rooms are smaller than they used to be, so there is a 3 person max at ur side during delivery only. these three people can not be switched out to another three. once u deliver and move to your postpartum room.. that is where u will stay and can have tons of family, friends etc.  its a good facility to deliver in and they have an excellent nicu...

I delivered my DD at Vassar.  The labor and delivery nurses were awesome.  However, I felt forgotten about (except by 1 day nurse) once I was moved to the postpartum room.  I had a difficult delivery and had lots of stitches. I was given an ice pack after delivery.  The next day I asked for another one and they told me that I couldn't have too many.  I told the nurse that I hadn't had one since I delivered.  She responded "Oh okay".  My friends with kids told me what to use and how to clean the area.  They couldn't believe that the postpartum nurses didn't tell me more.  There was one nurse that spent a lot of time w/me but I had more questions about breastfeeding and sleep schedules. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"