VBAC
Options

VBAC possible after pelvic injury?

I'm wondering if there are any other women on here that have had a successful VBAC or are considering one after a pelvic injury caused them to have a c-section before? 

I broke my pelvis in 5 places in a car accident 4.5 years ago and after 2 hours of pushing, my midwife and the OB on duty said it looked like baby couldn't pass through my pelvis because the opening was collapsed on one side.

Having a c-section was very traumatic for me... especially after seeing how efficient my body was at labouring (it was quick and I was handling contractions very well) and I'm having such a hard time accepting that I'll never be able to experience labour ever again... and never be able to delivery my babies without them having to be surgically removed from me.

Should I just resolve myself to a c-section next time around or do I have hope of a VBAC? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
- Robert Munsch

Re: VBAC possible after pelvic injury?

• Options

Can you get a copy of your records and/or talk to the doctor more about the details of your birth experience? I have not had a pelvic injury, but my first daughter could not fit through and my second could, and it was due to their positions. They were the same size (1 ounce different). I'd just find out as much as you can so you can try to decide if your pelvis was the only problem, or if there might have been other issues that won't necessarily repeat themselves.

If you do have to RCS, it's possible to have a more pleasant CS experience, too. Some women even wait for labor instead of scheduling it, so if that's important to you, you could try to talk to your doctor about that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"