3rd Trimester
Options

How much was left on your registry after your shower?

My shower is next Sunday and of course I'm stalking my registry.  I'm so nervous certain items won't be bought.  Some of these items I deem necessary, some not.  How much was left on your registry after your shower?  How much did you buy off your own registry?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much was left on your registry after your shower?

• Options
    I'd say about 25% of my registry was left.  I added a lot of items on purpose for me to do registry completions but (per another post further down about registry discounts), I didn't even use the Registry completions.  Instead, I bought the items from Amazon because it was a MUCH better deal (retail cost alone, plus the tax/shipping).
  • Options
    We had a little less than half left on our registry. We bought the things we deemed necessary that were left, the only item we have left is our swing and breast feeding items. A lot of stuff that was purchased though was never taken off of our registry

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Barely anything!  Plus, I got a ton of gift cards, so I spent pretty much nothing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we had about 20-25 items left. My family is ridiculous when it comes to shopping though. DH's mom buys about ten trillion gifts for every occasion, and my mom is looking forward to spoiling her first grandson... so maybe don't go by my experience! haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We spent an additional $300 at BRU on the leftover items, but some of that was paid for by gift cards.  The rest we bought at Amazon or Target because they were cheaper.

• Options
    There wasn't too much left on ours BUT almost nothing was taken off. I went on after the shower and marked stuff as purchased. It just happened to work out that the only duplicate we got was the bathtub.
    Allison Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My shower isn't until the 8th, but so far only 7 things have been purchased (4 of which we bought ourselves). I have a feeling we'll have a lot left... Most of the people attending the shower don't tend to buy off registries. We got maybe 10 things off our wedding registry. As long as I have things I need, I don't care though. We fully expect to buy a lot of stuff for ourselves anyway.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options

imageSittinUnderAPalmTree:
    Barely anything!  Plus, I got a ton of gift cards, so I spent pretty much nothing!

This!  We haven't spent any of our own money on baby gear except for the furniture and CDs!!

• Options
    I had a lot left b/c for some reason ppl just didn't shop off my registry... which was super annoying.  My MIL's friend looked at the bedding set I had on there, then bought a similar but cheaper one.  Oh and my invitation did say where I was registered so I really have noooo idea why so many ppl just didn't bother with it.  I had most of the big stuff taken care of though, but I still spend about $500 on all the other things I didn't get.
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, my shower is next Saturday and pretty much nothing has been bought off my registry. And where I live there isn't a store within an hour that I registered at, (I live in the middle of nowhere.) so it all would of had to have been bough online. Which means I am not getting anything off my registry for my shower. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hardly anything left on there. Our main stroller wasn't purchased but it's $400 so I certainly didn't expect anyone to. (We put it on to get the discount but are considering not getting it altogether.) We already have a snap and go so we don't need that stroller until the fall. Also, some crib sheets weren't purchased or any changing pad covers. Those I think are necessary and I will be getting those. Probably from wherever. Not necessarily BBB. The convertible seats also weren't purchased but again, we don't need them and only put them on for the discount but I don't think we'll end up purchasing them from BBB. They're cheaper on diapers.com or albeebaby.com

I was expecting to get tons of blankets and clothes because that's what everyone kept saying would happen and it didn't. So I went out and got a bunch of onesies (just plain white, long and short sleeve) and a few gowns with a gift card we got to Macy's. I'm still not buying many clothes until they're needed because I've heard they pretty much stay in gowns or footed outfits in the beginning and we do have enough of those now. 

Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
  • Options

The day before our big shower (50+) people, I believe there were only 11 items taken off my registry. I wasn't that worried because I figured we would be buying all her stuff anyway. It isn't other people's responsibility to buy expensive baby items for my daughter.

However when the shower came, we got almost ALL the major items off our registry plus tons of other smaller stuff. It was truly overwhelming how generous people were. One person who was not a relative bought us a 200 dollar swing PLUS another 100 dollars wothe of matching swag. I get emotional just thinking about it now.

I would plan in your budget on buying everything you deem "necessary" because after all......it's your baby!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think the only thing we didn't get was our exer-saucer. It was so nice that almost everyone stuck to our registry-we're set now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Pretty much everything was purchased off of mine... just about 10/15 things left.. I also got a couple hundred in gift cards so we didnt spend a dime... I hope this is the case for you as well :) Maybe some of your guests are just last minute shoppers and will be scooping things up next Saturday :) !!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hardly anything was purchased off of our registry! We had to spend like 2 grand on everything after the shower., but I will admit that the stroller I picked was expensive, so that's my own fault. Also, I think that when you are having a girl, people just love to buy clothes. So we got a lot of cute outfits. There were only about 30 people at my shower as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

DH and I actually made a point to try to purchase as many of the big expensive items on our registry before our shower, so that our loved ones wouldn't feel obligated to spend so much.  But that's just us...

Ironically, too a lot of people bought from our BRU registry, but BRU still shows many of the items as not purchased....not sure how that happened because the EXACT items were bought.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    I would say that about 25% was left. There were a few big items like the PnP and the travel system, but we got a bunch of gift cards so they were used towards that stuff. I think those were actually the only big items except the dresser and chanign table, butwe didn;t expect peopel to buy those I just wanted it on there to be able to use my completion coupon towards one of the items. I think we bought about 15% off our registry after the shower.
  • Options
    We have a little more than half in terms of actual items, but most of the big stuff is already taken care of or family members have already told us they will be buying it for us before the baby comes but didn't make it in time for the shower.  A lot of the stuff we need is various small items.  But, I also have a work shower coming up in the next few weeks as well.  I am trying to wait until after that shower (I will be 37 weeks the day of the shower) to purchase all our final stuff, which may be cutting it close, but I don't want to buy stuff before the shower since there isn't a ton of stuff left on there.  And anyway, almost all of the big stuff we really need is under control already, so if I had to put in an online order for the rest once we got home from the hospital, I won't be super concerned.
  • Options
    I had a ton left on my registry. I received mostly clothes. At first I was frustrated but then again, it's a GIFT! A registry should never be an expectation. So just go into your shower, stop stalking the registry and appreciate the thoughtfulness of whatever gift you receive from your guests! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"