January 2011 Moms

Another birth announcement question: Making your own..

I know you can use the various websites, but who is handcrafting their own - either with using something like PaperSource or make it digitally using InDesign or Illustrator?  What are your ideas so far?  I've got a little time to craft mine.  :)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Another birth announcement question: Making your own..

• I am designing my own using InDesign and then getting them printed as matte photo prints for about 10-15 cents each which is much cheaper than paying $1.00 or more per announcement on Shutterfly or Tinyprints.  Here is a mock-up I made using my DD's photos and fake info.  If I find the time I might design someting a little more exciting but this will get the job done if I run out of time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I might design my own in Photoshop, but I need to get on it if I'm going to do it, since I'm being induced next week.  I'll probably end up ordering from Shutterfly, since the ones I like are only like 60 cents each through Jan. 12, and I'm planning to use photos I take myself rather than pro photos for the announcement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  •  
    We're doing a card instead of a postcard style. 

My BF is designing the typography in InDesign or Illustrator, and will make a plate out of it and letterpress it for the front of the card. My hodge-podge collage style of loose threads and buttons and tape and origami paper cut into mushroom shapes will be scanned in, and printed out for insert, and we're going to try and get the photos from this photobooth at the local theatre where we had one of our first dates. :D

Then he'll glue and assemble. He's a bookmaker and graphic designer. This helps! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Ive designed a few so far and plan on selling the left over designs on easy later. I used illustrator I think which one we go with will depend on the pictures of her that I take. I wanted to recomend a great online printer who has great rates plus google for discount codes first since they always seen to have them Overnightprints.com I have been using them for years for my clients and have never had any huge issues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"