North Dakota Babies

Papa needs vibes.

My Papa is back in the hospital.  He was doing so much better.  He could walk short distances without his walker, he won't use crutches because he doesn't trust them - he's 6'10'' and 350 so he's a big guy.  I was calling him on the phone everyday and he was bored but overall in good spirits and he didn't have any trouble answering questions or asking them.

Anyway, on Wednesday my grandma came home to a thrashed house, like water down the hallway, and a husband who had no idea how anything happened.  He couldn't talk to her to answer her questions and he would just shake his head.  So back to the hospital he went.

Thursday morning he was responsive.  He could shake his head to answer questions, he would answer them correctly.  He could do things if you asked him, like lift his arm open his mouth to eat.  They said he had short term memory loss and it could be permanent they needed to do some tests to figure out what was going on.

Friday morning things were worse.  He couldn't lift his arm when asked.  He would open his mouth for food but would forget what foods he liked or didn't like.  He couldn't say anyone's names.  He would shake his head that he knew people's names but he couldn't say them.

Today he is not responsive.  He blank stares into the wall, TV, or out the window.  He sleeps a lot.  He won't look at you if you say his name or make a loud noise or enter the room.

The tests are coming back normal.  His vitals are good.  His spinal fluid is clear, which is good.  He can't do a MRI because he has metal in his leg and it will pull it out since it works on metal.

Anyway, *** is hitting the fan.  What the fukc is wrong?  He is a relatively healthy guy, I mean his is big but he moves pianos for a living so he is active and strong.  This doesn't make any sense.  And I feel like it has taken so long for the tests to get done.  I know hospitals work slowly but he is deteriorating quickly and I don't feel like they are taking any extra precautions to make him better quickly.  I imagine this is because his vitals are normal so he isn't going to die so he isn't a top priority. 

We could really use some vibes that this isn't permanent and that they find answers quickly.  Thanks ladies.

Re: Papa needs vibes.

• Sending lots of :::vibes::: that they figure out the problem soon, & that he has a full & speedy recovery.  {{{HUGS}}}
  • I'm sorry Sad. I hope they are able to fine some answers and/or he starts improving soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so sorry Ashley.  Sending tons of vibes to your Papa for a quick recovery.  I really hope they figure it out soon.
  • Tons of ::Vibes::
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It isn't an infection.  So basically, the chances of him coming back are slim per the doctor.

O.M.G.

• imageAshleysred:

It isn't an infection.  So basically, the chances of him coming back are slim per the doctor.

O.M.G.

So, if it isn't an infection, do they have any other ideas? Do they think this all goes back to his fall, or something else entirely?
  • imagedani_girl08:
    imageAshleysred:

It isn't an infection.  So basically, the chances of him coming back are slim per the doctor.

O.M.G.

So, if it isn't an infection, do they have any other ideas? Do they think this all goes back to his fall, or something else entirely?

At this point he is a medical mystery.  They are doing some more testing.  They are now saying that it could possibly be because he is withdrawling from pain meds but my grandma kept a log of the pain meds that she was giving him.  She was giving him less than prescribed.  So that doesn't make much sense.  If it is withdrawling then he should start to come out of it by the end of the week.  I guess, we are hoping for that at this point.  At least the chance of recovery is higher than if it isn't that.

• OMG I'm sorry Ashley! TONS of :::VIBES::: for your Papa to get better!!
    Anniversary
  • imageAshleysred:

At this point he is a medical mystery.  They are doing some more testing.  They are now saying that it could possibly be because he is withdrawling from pain meds but my grandma kept a log of the pain meds that she was giving him.  She was giving him less than prescribed.  So that doesn't make much sense.  If it is withdrawling then he should start to come out of it by the end of the week.  I guess, we are hoping for that at this point.  At least the chance of recovery is higher than if it isn't that.

How crazy.  I know you said that they can't do a MRI, but can they do a CAT scan of his brain?  I feel terrible for you.  I'm know this is very scary! 

• oh my gosh!!! That's so sad!!!  Ashley, I'm so sorry you are all seeing him like that!!  Poor guy Sad  Major vibes headed your way, babes.
  • Oh, Ashley, this is so scary. I hope they figure it out soon.  I'm thinking of you and your family.
  • imagedani_girl08:
    imageAshleysred:

How crazy.  I know you said that they can't do a MRI, but can they do a CAT scan of his brain?  I feel terrible for you.  I'm know this is very scary! 

They did a CAT scan and it came back normal.

• imageAshleysred:
    [

They did a CAT scan and it came back normal.

That's good news.  I hope things get better soon!!! 

• Oh Ashley I'm so sorry!  I hope that they get things figured out soon.  Vibes for a quick recovery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh my gosh Ashley, how scary. I hope they figure out what is going on asap. Sending lots and lots of t&p
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vibes for a quick recovery!
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • I'm so sorry to hear this about your Papa!  Lots of :::VIBES:::
  • I'm sorry, Ashley. Sending vibes for a quick recovery.

• Sending major vibes for your Papa to recover quickly. My T&P are with him and your family, I hope they find out soon what is wrong so they can start treating him and that its not something permanent! Hugs!!
  • It breaks my heart that no one can do anything for your Papa.  My thoughts are with ALL of you!!!

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I'm so sorry Ashley :(  It must be so hard to deal with the unknown.  Hopefully he'll recover quickly
  • vibes for a speedy recovery!
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sending TONS of :::vibes::: my t&p are with you and your family.
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Tons of vibes for papa! Any updates today?
  • Vibes headed your way and to your family as well. Hope you get some answers soon!
  • tons of t&p!  I'm so sorry Ashley.  Do they think he might have had a stroke?  A few of the things you mentioned sounds similar to some things my grandpa did after his stroke
  • Sending tons of vibes your way......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"