Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Anyone with a nursery with no closet?

Our nursery doesn't have a closet and limited space....I'm not sure if I can fit an armoire AND a dresser.  Is it really necessary to have hanging closet rods or do you think I can fit most items in a dresser?  (I'm having a boy, maybe I don't need to hang anything?)  I have the Graco Lauren crib, and was planning on getting the Ikea Hemnes dresser, but I'm not sure that will be enough storage.  Any ideas from others who have nurseries in small spaces?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone with a nursery with no closet?

• Options

We are in the same boat.  We have a very small nursery without a closet.  We also have the Graco Lauren Crib and changing table.  We bought this Ikea armoir: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20190141

I liked it because there are two huge drawers on the bottom and we used our own tension rods to allow for two levels of clothes to hang with space below for storage bins.  We also bought Ikea storage boxes to place on the bottom of the changing table for additional storage. 

We also have a glider in one corner with a very slim side table with a lamp I found at Christmas tree shops. 

I put the armoir and changing table on one wall, the crib on the other and the glider in the corner close to the door.  It suprised me how much we could fit in the room.   One option I had also considered if it did not all fit was to put the glider in a guest room or in a small corner off our hallway. 

GL!

• Options
    We have a closet in the nursery, but it is for my husband's clothes.  We are using a 4 drawer dresser and an armoire for the baby's clothes.  The armoire has a rod to hang up clothes and I think it should be plenty of room (we're having a boy, too).  I think if you get a big enough dresser and maybe some bins for socks, hats, etc you should be fine.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nursery doesn't have a closet either.  We also purchased the Lauren crib and the Hemnes dresser (3 drawers) and also bought the Expidit shelf from Ikea for things like diaper storage, etc.  Honestly, the Hemnes dresser is huge.  I plan on rotating the clothes out as she outgrows them, but I really don't anticipate having any problems with lack of storage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a small nursery with no closet and no room for an armoire.  We have a very large dresser in there, and we plan to put as much as possible in it.  But there is room in closets in other rooms for things that really need to be hung (maybe if we have cute dresses that would need to be ironed if they were kept folded up) or to store clothes that the baby won't fit for a long time.
  • Options
    There's a closet in the nursery, but it's DH's.  We are also having a boy, so we will fold most of his clothing (we are getting a double dresser), and if something needs to hang, it will go in my closet or DH's. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have an armoire I was lucky enough to get off CL for FREE! And I'm so lucky, too. The closet in the nursery is storage space and we have no give room. (We're having a girl though.) She won't be able to have any closet space at all, but I find that little dresses do just fine when folded right. :D

I wouldn't do an armoire AND dresser in a small space, though. I'd do either a dresser with a hutch and store things like socks, hats, diapers, wipes, crib sheets, etc. in separate cute boxes on the hutch and leave the drawers for clothes, or an armoire. Then you can still hang stuff up. I actually like the idea of a dresser/hutch combo better so you have more space. You would have to have small plastic bins in the bottom of the hanging up space. 

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    We put up high cupboards which we are not using a lot yet but will be great in years to come (we also have a small armoire and dresser).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the tips - good to know I'm not the only one out there. :)  I'll do some measuring tonight and see what I can fit in that tiny space!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have one small dresser and two of those plastic storage drawers underneath our changing table and no closet for DD.  While it is not a lot of storage, I only keep the current clothes she is using in the dresser or drawers.  Everything else I keep in storage bins in a separate location that are separated by size.  Every few weeks I go through her clothes and take out what she doesn't fit into or doesn't wear.  Then I go to the bins and take out the next sized clothes and put the outgrown clothes into another bin.  It's a bit time consuming, but it solves our problem.  Plus, I don't have to deal with all the little hangers! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    a little bit of life : A blog about the life of a working, crafting, adventuring family of 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"