Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Anyone else's LO hate snuggling?

I always hear friends on fb and people on tb talk about "snuggling with their LO", and it makes me so jealous. DD has never let me just hold her and cuddle. Everytime I hold her and try hugging her, she pushes me back with her arms and wants nothing to do with it :( She also hates when anyone touches her hands, she has been that way ever since I can remember. She pulls her arms back so fast if anyone touches them...anyone else's LO like this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else's LO hate snuggling?

• I can snuggle DD while sitting up, but if I try to lay down with her, she hates it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My DS only likes to snuggle with me when he's sleepy or around a bunch of people he doesn't know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!  I can never just sit and hold my baby.  He always needs to be doing something.  Also, if I try to guide his hands to help him grab something he gets very angry.  He'll pull them away then try to do it himself.  I also can't put his paci in for him.  I need to hand it to him and let him put it in himself.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• imageDreamsicle23:
    Yes!  I can never just sit and hold my baby.  He always needs to be doing something.  Also, if I try to guide his hands to help him grab something he gets very angry.  He'll pull them away then try to do it himself.  I also can't put his paci in for him.  I need to hand it to him and let him put it in himself.

That is exactly DD! She has to do everything by herself!

• imageD_Nett86:
    My DS only likes to snuggle with me when he's sleepy or around a bunch of people he doesn't know.

She won't even snuggle then :( Makes me miss those times when she was a newborn...

• Here! DD hates snuggling with me. I wish she would just lie down in bed with me and snuggle up and take a nap. If I try that, she screams her head off and tries to sit up, sigh...

• imagesusie985:

Here! DD hates snuggling with me. I wish she would just lie down in bed with me and snuggle up and take a nap. If I try that, she screams her head off and tries to sit up, sigh...

same here. :(

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • this is totally landon-- he didn't even like it when he was a newborn.  i always thought maybe i was doing something wrong that he didn't want me to snuggle him until i hear stories from my girlfriends about their babies not ever wanting to be put down...then i am thankful...although it would be nice to snuggle him every now and then since his daddy doesn't really like to! :(
  • On the flip side my kid is a lovebug and while I appreciate the snuggles, sometimes it gets old.  She loves to hug and kiss and will cuddle right up when reading.  I've never been that affectionate, it's crazy!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Mine hasn't snuggled willingly since he was about 2 months old! He will only snuggle when he is practically asleep, and at that point needs to be laid down. He wants to be near me, but not held. Too much going on I suppose. Makes me sad too :(
  • imagelindseychase06:
    Mine hasn't snuggled willingly since he was about 2 months old! He will only snuggle when he is practically asleep, and at that point needs to be laid down. He wants to be near me, but not held. Too much going on I suppose. Makes me sad too :(

This is us too. Sometimes I just hold her for a while once shes sleeping to get my snuggles in.

• DS used to love snuggling, but in the past few weeks, he's really been fighting it.  We used to snuggle every night before bed (nurse, story, rock to sleep), but now he squirms, even while nursing.  He's been going to sleep without being snuggled (which I know is probably for the best, but I miss our cuddle time) :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"