Attachment Parenting
Options

My Vat is in...and I might be in LOVE!

Tried it out last night and absolutely love it!  LO is 17lbs at 4 months, so my Moby was starting to hurt my back.  However, I didn't realize how uncomfortable it was until I tried the Vat last night!  It definetly isn't as forgiving in wrapping as the Moby, but we'll get the hang of it.

My one question is, how to get a good pocket for LO.  Every hold I tried last night, he squirmed his little bum out of?  Made me a little nervous.  I had been practicing DH with my gauze wrap and definetly improved it with Vat. 

Does anyone elses DH's find wrapping a little out there?  DH is totally accepting of the baby wearing because LO loves it so much, but he definetly relates it to being a "hippy".  He would never wear LO, but prefers that LO be worn when we are out b/c he is so much happier than in a stroller.  Just curious about how everyones other halfs take the whole thing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Vat is in...and I might be in LOVE!

• Options
    cant help you there. my DH loves the moby, but doesnt really get why i need to triple what i paid for the moby on a woven (got the moby on CL so i didnt pay full price)
  • Options
    Does your DH use the moby...if so I'm super jealous!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad your loving your new fluff! To keep am good pocket try not to tighten the bottom rail to much, which I know sounds weird. Try and keep your focus on the top rail. You could also try the wiggle proof carry or giselle's wiggle proof dh if lo likes to try and wiggle out. Hubs used to think wrapping was kind of silly but he's on board now even though he'll never wear Grace. Sorry for the lack of format, I'm on my iPad.
  • Options

Glad you love it!!  I'd agree with the not overtightening the bottom rail advice.  DH is particularly hard to get a deep pocket IMO since it tends to want to slip as you are doing the second pass.  It helps to really cram the bottom of the wrap up between you and LO and to stand up after you get the first pass in place to make sure you have a good seat before moving on to the second pass across the chest.

My DH is all about babywearing ;-)  He wraps but prefers mei tais for back carries if he doesn't have help.

• Options

I am with you on the wiggly LO. DS will not.sit.still to be wrapped on my back and every time I feel like he's going to fall off. If I have someone to keep him steady while I wrap it's fine, but by myself it's pretty nerve wracking. I haven't found a back carry yet that I can do that he doesn't wiggle out of. He also likes to lean wayyyyy over to one side so even after the wrap is tied he's hanging off to one side and I haven't figured out how to fix that lol.

My SO is all about babywearing, and wears DS in our Ergo (Maybe your hubs might try it if he has a more "manly" carrier. That was my SO's only objection to BW), but his family totally thinks I'm a crazy hippie. Lol I mean I guess I might be somewhat, but whatever. If I'm happy, and DS is happy, and SO doesn't care, that's alll that matters right?

Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DH loved BW. He wore DS all the time. We used Sleepy Wrap, then Baby Hawk.
  • Options

Yay! Glad you like your new wrap! A vat is high on my list for my first woven.  I cant decide between it and a Didy.  Which one did you get?  

DH likes wearing E, but thinks its funny that I keep wanting more wraps in addition to the moby and the beco.  But once I explained why, he was ok with it.  Hes as "crunchy" as I am ;) 

Are you going to the Triangle Babywearers meeting next Saturday?  Hope to meet you and your little one in person then!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"