Stay at Home Moms

Does Costco Sell Infants' Ibuprofen in Bulk?

Anyone know?  Jackson's got molars coming in and we are going through the stuff like crazy.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does Costco Sell Infants' Ibuprofen in Bulk?

• YES! OMG those bottles are SO small!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagezeesbride:
    YES! OMG those bottles are SO small!

Oh, good!  I'll have to hit Costco tomorrow - Yes, the bottle runs out after what seems like only 4 or 5 doses. 

• Loading the player...
  • OMG why did I never think to check costco!?!?
  • They definitely have Children's Advil! We went through it fast...I swear one dose is like half a bottle! Have you found that ibuprofen works best for teething? We've been using acetimetaphine too on occasoion. Can't decide what's best. And, Costco doesn't have that for some reason.
  • I think Motrin works better and our pedi recommended it over Tylenol so that's what we go with.

So, I send DH out last night for Infants' Ibuprofen at 2a.m.  He comes back with Children's Ibuprofen, which says for children 2 and over.  DH's argument was that the weight was right.  DS weighs 25 lbs.  So, I start reaming him but then google whether I can administer Children's Ibuprofen.  askdrsears.com gives a dosage chart and it says that if you do not have Infants' Ibuprofen, go ahead and use Children's.  And Children's = Way Cheaper for Way More Medicine

Here is the dosage chart.  This ought to save us quite a bit of money...

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t088900.asp

• imageMamatoJackson:

I think Motrin works better and our pedi recommended it over Tylenol so that's what we go with.

So, I send DH out last night for Infants' Ibuprofen at 2a.m.  He comes back with Children's Ibuprofen, which says for children 2 and over.  DH's argument was that the weight was right.  DS weighs 25 lbs.  So, I start reaming him but then google whether I can administer Children's Ibuprofen.  askdrsears.com gives a dosage chart and it says that if you do not have Infants' Ibuprofen, go ahead and use Children's.  And Children's = Way Cheaper for Way More Medicine

Here is the dosage chart.  This ought to save us quite a bit of money...

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t088900.asp

I go by weight too. our pedi told us a long time ago ( we were giving ds benadryl) when we used something labeled for 2 and up that it's more accurate to dose based on weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"