Stay at Home Moms
Options

Looking for a page turner!

I am in the mood for a good, suspenseful page-turner.  Any good recommendations?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Looking for a page turner!

• Options
    I'm finishing up Under the Dome by Stephen King.  It isn't like his other books.  It reminds me of an episode of the old Twilight Zone tv series.  I really like it.
  • Options

What kind of books do you like? What I think is suspenseful and page-turning may be boring for you. Do you like era-related books like the The Other Boleyn Girl, Christian novels, Stephen King type books, Romance, trendy series such as Harry Potter or Twilight?

I hope you get lots of good suggestions! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Hunger Games trilogy. I put off reading it for so long because the description sounds awful, but I should have trusted everyone - I read the first two in under 48 hours. I couldn't put them down :) As soon as I convinced my friends to try them they all loved them  as well - try it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageDevonPow:
    The Hunger Games trilogy. I put off reading it for so long because the description sounds awful, but I should have trusted everyone - I read the first two in under 48 hours. I couldn't put them down :) As soon as I convinced my friends to try them they all loved them  as well - try it!

I read these too and was surprised that I liked them! Even my DH read them.  I guess I am looking for something like these...not too heavy, but keeps me wanting to read more.  I just finished reading two historical fiction books.  They were excellent, but I am craving something different! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.  Amazing!
  • Options

DId you read the Girl w/the Dragon Tattoo & the other books in the Millenium series? I was surprised that I liked them.

My friend just recommended Under the Dome.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

imageDevonPow:

I second this.  I finished all 3 in 2 1/2 days.  They're an easy read, but have a lot of depth emotionally.  

Room by Emma Donoghue is also very good and makes you think.  I love Dan Brown (Deception Point was my favorite of his) and John Grisham novels. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I definitely agree with The Hunger Games trilogy (Suzanne Collins) and the Millennium trilogy (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest) by Stieg Larsson.  I read the first two Stieg Larsson books and am currently reading the 2nd book in The Hunger Games series (Catching Fire).  They are amazing!  I have the 3rd book in both series sitting here and I can't wait to get to them!
  • Options
    Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. There are seven (very, very long) books in the series, plus a spin off series, so if you love the characters you'll have reading material for a while! Lots of girls on the Nest Book Club board are obsessed!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options

I am reading He!!'s Corner by David Baldacci.  I am enjoying it.  My cousin finished The Confession by John Grisham and loved it.  I haven't read the Hunger Games and to be quite honest the description of it kinda turned me off.  But everyone seems to have really enjoyed it so I may give it a try. 

I hope you find a good read. 

• Options
    have you tried james patterson? he is awesome. roses are red is my favorite. i cant put his books down.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"