Cincinnati Babies
Options

Finally some closure

I'm just going to warn you that this might end up being long and rambly but I wanted to share with you all.

I worked last night and had the opportunity to speak with one of the people that works with women after pregnancy loss. I explained to her that after my D&C in September, no one from their department ever talked to me. I know that they really do make the best effort at doing so, but I didn't want other women to be forgotten about, which is sort of how I felt. The lady I spoke to was very nice last night and said she'd put together some resources for me and call me sometime next week (this was at 11pm last night).

This morning she called me to let me know she put some information together and would leave it in my mailbox at work. She said she'd call me next week after I had time to look over things. 

My phone rings 10 minutes later and it was the same lady. She said she had good news for me. They went through my file and checked some things and our little one is being cremated tomorrow. I am amazed at how perfectly the timing worked out because I'd been meaning to speak to this lady for a couple months now but just never had time.

They also have a memorial service in April (right around the EDD) and we will be invited. I think all of this is really helping me to heal and I am so happy to feel like I've got some closure and can move forward. I think 2011 is all ready looking to be a good year for us.

Thank you all for your support and for letting me share.

Re: Finally some closure

• Options
    I'm so glad you advocated for yourself and are going to get the recognition and closure your baby deserves. I wish you peace and I hope 2011 brings wonderful things for you.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMoesten:
    I'm so glad you advocated for yourself and are going to get the recognition and closure your baby deserves. I wish you peace and I hope 2011 brings wonderful things for you.

Thanks Moesten. I really appreciate all of the positive support you provide. You always have a way of touching my heart.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with pp, I am glad you advocated for yourself and your baby, and for other patients. I cannot imagine the feelings you have had to experience especially in your area of work. May 2011 bring many blessings to you.
  • Options
    So glad you have all the resources and having the opportunity to say goodbye properly. 
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options

Love you!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    This is great news. I hope you get your closure. This has been a really hard year for you, but you've been strong and I hope that 2011 brings you nothing but joy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing with us. I'm so glad you are continuing to find ways to heal.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    So happy to hear you are getting the closure you need and deserve. Wishing you peace and hoping 2011 brings only good things for you!
  • Options
    Hugs to you.  I am glad you have a little bit of peace.  Let me know if you need an ear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't begin to imagine how difficult going through this has been for you and continuing to work in your area.  I have much respect for you, and I'm so glad that you are getting some closure for your precious little one.  Many thoughts and prayers for you for a wonderful new year full of blessings!
  • Options
    imageadamsbabble:

Love you!

ditto :) 

• Options
    I'm so glad that you will be able to get some closure.  I hope 2011 only brings you joy and peace!
  • Options
    Thanks again for all of your support! It means so much to me .
  • Options

(((((HUGS)))))

Love you!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"