Parenting after 35
Options

Hi!

Hello Ladies!

I post on here occasionally, but it's been a while since I last checked in. My laptop screen broke and I had to send it off for repairs. It was gone for a month. A very long, boring month. I had dh's old laptop for work emails etc, but it wasn't much good for anything else. I'm glad to be back.

Things are a little crazy here. We found out on Dec 17 that we're moving from upstate NY to Chapel Hill, NC at the end of January. Between letting people know and prepping/listing the house, as well as finding a house in NC and starting to pack boxes, it's been very busy. We're excited about the move but I'm not looking forward to the next 5 weeks. At all.

Is anyone here from NC? And does anyone have any advice on moving with small children?

I'm glad to be back online! I'll be posting more often from now on - I promise! Smile

Happy New Year, everyone!

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness

Re: Hi!

• Options

Good luck with your move! I hope everything goes well.

And, I'm sure you'll be getting lots of winter visitors now that you're moving to a warmer climate than NY :)

• Options
    Hi again and happy new year!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJulia-Henry:

And does anyone have any advice on moving with small children?

When packing small children, try to avoid using those styrofoam peanuts.  They can be a choking hazard.  And make sure you poke some air holes in the boxes.   Also, be sure to mark the boxes carefully so that you don't lose them among the other household items.  You'll probably want to unpack them right away when you get to NC.

Sorry, I got nothing but goofy sarcasm this morning!   :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm from NC and lived about an hour and a half east of Chapel Hill. I am a die hard Carolina fan! NC is a beautiful state. Sometimes I miss it a lot. People are friendly. For the move just be prepared to stop...often. We haven't moved with Logan but we did travel to NC with him when he was only 3 months old. Make sure the boxes are labeled well. Makes unpacking much easier. Good luck! Maybe the next time I get down that way we can meet up!
  • Options
    We live in FL, but my inlaws live in Cary, NC. Not sure how far that is, but it's all within the greater Raleigh-Durham area. We love visiting - it's very nice here. Are you having professional movers?
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

When packing small children, try to avoid using those styrofoam peanuts.  They can be a choking hazard.  And make sure you poke some air holes in the boxes.   Also, be sure to mark the boxes carefully so that you don't lose them among the other household items.  You'll probably want to unpack them right away when you get to NC.

Sorry, I got nothing but goofy sarcasm this morning!   :)

Very funny! It's seriously tempting to toss the boy in a box and fish him out when we get there.. Stick out tongue

Shannon, I'd love to have coffee if you're in the area. It would be great to get the babies together, especially since they're the same age - if I remember correctly, Logan was due the day before Libby although she arrived a couple of weeks early.

And yes, we're getting the movers to do most of the packing as well as the lifting and hauling, but it's complicated by the fact that we need to move in two parts and we're leaving most of our stuff behind to help sell the house. Thank God for my mom! She's coming down next week to provide unlimited childcare while I pack and sort and clean out the basement, attic and closets! Ugh. the next month will be awful. and then it will be great Smile

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Options

Hey there!  Nice to see you!

Good luck with the move!

Bridebuddies: HA! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"