March 2011 Moms

Holy hemorrhoids!

Holy cow!  I've had hemorrhoids before, but never with this much bleeding!  I was really hoping to skip this particular symptom, but that was not in the cards for me. 

I hope most of you get by without them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image,

Re: Holy hemorrhoids!

• I havent had to really deal with them since Halloween weekend.  I think it was a wake up call for me to sit down more at work (since I teach, I was on my feet for the entire day) and relax more when I got home.  I hope they go away soon.  *knock on wood* that they don't reoccur during our pregnancies! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I couldn't take it anymore a few months back. I had one that made it unbearable to walk, stand, sit. UGH. I tore it open with a needle and when it was bleeding I put alcohol wipes on it. Burned like a mutha but it's never come back since. Hope that helps you some.
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too!!  The amount of blood scared me at first but now knowing where it's coming from I'm ok.  Ugh so not cool though.
  • Maybe mine aren't too bad, cuz it never occurred to me to cut it (ouch) and I haven't had any bleeding. I've found a cold compress shrinks it enough relief for me. I read something about Tucks pads.... anyone got a recommendation on them?

As it happens, the other time I got a hemorrhoid was on the second day of a 4 day big wall climb in Yosemite. (Let's just say that you've got a narrow window for when it's a good time to 'go' and I suppose that did it. That or sitting/hanging in a harness for 4 days.) If given the choice, I might choose to have this particular ailment pregnant over that experience. That really sucked. 

GL, ladies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"