March 2011 Moms

nursery not even started

So am I the only one who has not even started our nursery? We just got our nursery furniture as a Christmas gift from parents and we haven't bought bedding yet. We have however cleaned up the room where nursery is going to be, so maybe that means I have started. We are living in an apartment right now and can't paint plus we may be moving soon after baby is born so maybe thats why I don't feel pressure or behind on this whole thing. Ugh, id like to have his nursery all set up and looking great but at the same time I don't want to set it up just to take it down. I know most of you have at least started, who else is lagging behind like me?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: nursery not even started

• Me too!!!! Haven't started it at all. The furniture will be here mid January so guess we'll start then.
  • We haven't even finished moving furniture out of the room to make room for his crib!  We're also re-carpeting and haven't picked out the carpet either!  I guess he'll be sleeping in his cradle until he's about 2 years old!  lol
    Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
  • Loading the player...
  • We are moving to a new apartment about 3 weeks before I am due. So, nope, no nursery for us yet either!
    Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
  • No nursery for us yet. We got the crib we are borrowing from a friend on Thursday. The room we are using is full of toys and storage stuff right now though. My goal is to start working on that this week Stick out tongue
  • I'm with you!  We don't even have a crib yet!  The post about the 'to do' lists started to make me panic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haven't started either. We did order a crib and it showed up on Thursday but its sitting in the box in the front hall. I have no clue as to when we will be able to really start.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Don't worry about it!  All in good time.

And if it doesn't get done, the baby will never know!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well we took out the jacuzzi that was in the room before, the tiles are up off of the floor, the carpet is out of our room (adjoining and getting done at the same time) and the hardwood is bought... but...

We still have to plaster, paint, lay floors, do the finish work before it will really be done. We have our crib, but no mattress, and we haven't even ordered the dresser yet (it is on sale but no longer in stock at BRU... I hate them. Hoping it reappears before the sale ends, or that it goes on sale at sears) 

I really want to have it done by my shower (Jan 29) but I am not sure that will happen... it is what I am pushing DH for though.

So... in short... we are way behind you! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • You are way ahead of me in the cleaning the room out front!   I started yesterday...it's messier now than when I started! Ugh.  Its going to take forever. 

Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • We have moved everything that was in there to the center of the room and as I type this, DH is painting the room.  The IL's have offered to pay for the furniture, and are going to order it tomorrow.  So we should also get it mid January and then we NEED to get the ball rolling.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I havent started on our LO's nursery either. We don't even have his crib yet. The only piece of furniture I have is the glidder and ottoman. We cleaned the room already but we still have to move the other furniture and boxes out of it to our storage shed. We used the room as storage before we got our BFP. Next weekend we are moving the furniture out and hopefully that next week we will get the crib. I feel like a bad mom to be.
  • Nope - you're not the only one.  We just started clearing out the spare room...hubby will hopefully paint within the next few weekends and then we'll bring up the crib and start reassembling and putting all the baby stuff back in place again.
  • It sounds like we're in the same boat as you are. I don't feel that behind. We just purchased the nursery furniture this week. We have the crib, but the dresser won't be delivered until Saturday. I know that we still have a list of things that need to be done to the room, but my DH and I have two months, it will all get done Smile

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• We are going to change the spare bedroom into the office and the office into the nursery.  I shampooed the carpets in the spare bedroom yesterday.  That's all that has been done.  I wanted to have the nursery cleaned out and painted by my baby shower...I have 3 weeks to do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The room we're using was a fairly empty guest room. We recently redid the floors so the furniture was already moved out. I JUST started painting this week and still have some to do. We haven't bought a single thing yet. The ILs are buying the crib, and my parents are likely getting the other furniture for the shower gift. We decided to wait until after the shower to really get going since we're not sure what we'll get.

We still have time!  And like pp said, the baby won't notice if the nursery isn't done... as long as they have somewhere comfy to sleep and plenty of love :)

• Same here! I haven't picked out furniture or bedding so, I'm way behind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If our house wasn't under construction right now, the nursery would be finished. But with the way things are going, we'll be lucky if we can even move back in by the time LO arrives. =(

• you're not the only one. Also... think about people who won't have a nursery. I am one of them as the baby will be sharing the room with us. Also don't say "lagging" because everyone is different - I have not a single baby product and feel pretty comfortable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"