Austin Babies
Options

flatscreen tvs

DH and I are going to use our Christmas money for a new TV. So excited to get rid of this huge box!

Im getting very mixed reviews on certain brands and am kind of at a loss. If you have one, would you please share the brand and if you like it or not? I know there are tons of variables, depending on price. But Im more curious on the maker of the tv.

Thanks!
and Happy New Years!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: flatscreen tvs

• Options
    We love our samsung led. Dh was set on a samsung.
  • Options

imageshanwalk2:
    We love our samsung led. Dh was set on a samsung.

ditto!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have Sony Bravia, it's nice but I feel like the start up is slow, and the volume control has to be up really high to hear anything.
  • Options
    Ours is about 2 years old now, but we got an Olevia brand.  At the time it had comparable specs to tv's that cost twice as much and their warranty was way more comprehensive than the name brands.  I don't know how they stack up anymore, though.
  • Options
    We have the Samsung LED in the LR.  We went with that bc it's very lightweight to wall-mount, and the picture quality is excellent, plus it's very energy efficient.  We have a Sony Bravia in the MBR that I really like as well.
  • Options
    We've got a Sony Bravia LED and its incredible.  We got it at Costco for a steal IMO.
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Options
    We also have a Samsung LED.  We love it.  You should wait until Superbowl sales...that's when we got ours. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did a TON of research on TVs and found surprisingly high reviews for Vizio. The bang for your buck is incredible. DH went out to get a 42" and ended up coming home with a 60" due to a sale that was going on at Costco at the time... We've been extremely happy with our purchase (3 years later without a single issue) and getting ready to buy a second one in the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    We LOVE our samsung! We got it last year around superbowl time on amazon. super deals and free delivery!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have a Panasonic Plasma and LOVE it, had it for 3 years and it still looks great.  We also have a Insignia LCD.  I really don't like the LCD picture as well as the Plasma.  You get a more realistic picture with a Plasma.  However, if you have  a lot of light, a plasma will glare.  That's why LCD's and LEDs are better on that aspect.  But Plasma has a better picture and a better "refresh" speed.  No blur and best for action and gaming.  However, plasmas are energy powerhouses.  They get hot.  We got some type of ridiculous surge protector and that has helped a ton, so if you go with plasma get the giant surge protector they recommend.  It's awesome.

LEDs of course are better for glare and don't use as much energy and they're light weight.  So pros and cons of both.  But I still love our Panasonic.  We have a 50" right now and if we do decide to go bigger we're sticking with plasma.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"