September 2011 Moms
Options

Poll (sorta): When are you telling?

When are you ladies planning telling?  Or if you did already, when did you tell?

How did you/plan to tell?

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation

Re: Poll (sorta): When are you telling?

• Options

I'm so all over the place on this. I've already told my parents and sister (all of whom I'm super close to), but I'm terrifed to tell anyone else... I want to, but I'm terrified I'll jinx myself. We're hoping to wait 8 weeks to tell everyone else.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I told two of my best friends last night and we also called FIs twin brother and told him. I think that we will probably tell my parents and in-laws this weekend. I too am kind of scared telling people that I might jinx myself but I am soo excited I dont know how much longer I can keep it a secret.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Only me and DH know now. I am hoping to wait a bit before telling anyone else.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've already told my mom, dad, sister, aunt, and best friend. All of these people were aware of my struggles, IF treatments, miscarriages, etc. so it would have been pointless to not share the news since they would have figured it out.

As for everyone else, FB, extended family, other friends.... as late as I can stand it. Who knows, if I actually get an ultrasound with a heartbeat and everything is good (which has never happened before) maybe I'll feel up to sharing. Or, at that point, I may have the strength to hold off until the 12 week NST scan/start of 2nd trimester to share.

Either way, we're waiting several weeks.

• Options
    We told my mom, stepdad, brother and SIL on Christmas Eve, the day we got the BFP.  Now that we got the beta's back, we'll tell my in-laws either today or tomorrow.  Not sure when I'm going to tell everyone else.  With my first two pregnancies, I was practically shouting from the roof tops by this point, and everyone knew.  It was awful having to untell everyone after we had the m/c in September.  Odds are we'll tell our close friends and family as well, and tell anyone else after our first u/s in February.
    photo 638_zpse3935266.jpg

DS#1 - 6.11.08

DS#2 - 9.1.11
  • Options

imagejnu1117:
    Only me and DH know now. I am hoping to wait a bit before telling anyone else.

Ditto this.

It was definitely hard on Christmas because I did want to share, but DH and I are just so cautious.

I asked DH again last night when he wanted to tell and he said not until 15-16 weeks.  I'm not sure why he randomly picked that time frame, but I was like ok whatever you want.  

I don't really have any ideas on how to tell the news.  I'm not one for the super cutesy over the top ideas, but I would like to do something special.

I doubt I'll post anything on FB.  Those posts are kind of AWish to me and after my loss I was really sensitive and it hurt a lot whenever I saw an announcement pop up and I swore I'd never do that to someone.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    Only two of my BF and two of my husband's BF know.  We want to hold off as long as possible.  My first u/s will be around 8 wks. I would LOVE to wait until 12 wks to tell our family but I'm not sure I can hold it in that long.  My SIL is due the day after my original due date and she has been heartbroken over my m/c's. I don't want to do anything to stress her out again, so I'm going to try to wait until the second tri to tell them but we shall see!
    BFP 6-29-10; EDD 3-10-10; Missed MC @ 10wks on 8-12-10; D&C 8-13-10
    BFP 11-24-10; EDD 8-5-10; CP @ 4wks on 11-27-10
    BFP 12-22-10; EDD 9-2-11 Baby girl born Aug. 15, 2011 via emergency c-section
    BFP 9-5-12; EDD 5-20-13; Missed MC @ 8 wks on 10-9-12; D&C 10-10-12
    BFP 1-7-13; EDD 9-20-13; PRAYING WE GET TO BRING THIS BABY HOME! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Only DH, myself and the bump network know right now :)

I want to wait until our first ultrasound (around 6ish weeks) to tell close family and a few friends - pretty much those I would want support from if we miscarry.

The rest of the world will find out around 13 weeks ... when the risks drop.

I am sure it won't be terribly interesting when we do share.  I tend to be a blurter :)

• Options
    This is our first. I told my parents yesterday on the phone. We had dinner with 2 friends last night that have 2 boys. We told them as well. I told my husband that I wanted at least one friend to talk to throughout the first few weeks! We'll probably wait until after the first midwife appt. in the middle of Feb. to tell others including his parents.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My mom and a close friend know. We'll tell the rest of the people around Feb/March.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We're staying at my mom's for the holidays right now,  so she was here when I took the test and found out about 2 minutes after we did.  Same with my sisters and my sister's FI.  We told MIL that same day, and we told FIL today.  Also planning on telling my dad tonight.  Our two best friends also know. 

For everyone except MIL, we just told them, but for MIL,  we got this little wooden calendar thing from Hallmark that says "Weeks Til I'm a Grandma" and then you change the numbers each week, so we wrapped it up for her and told her it was a Christmas present that came late.  Her face was priceless!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • Options

We'll wait and see how the first appointment goes. If everything is okay, we'll probably tell friends and family. I may wait a few weeks to tell work. Last time I waited until 12 weeks to tell work but this time I might tell work earlier just because of a different work setting/coworkers.

We'll do a big sister shirt to tell most.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1st PG - I told my twin sister, my brother and my parents.  Then I had the ectopic and it was horrible.  The whole world knew at that point b/c it ruptured and I was in the hospital for 5 days and out of work for a month.

2nd PG - Only lasted 4-5 days so we only told my brother & my twin sister. 

THIS PG - We've decided to only tell my twin sister and HIS brother (they are each our best friends) so we have someone to talk to about it.  We will NOT be telling anyone else until 3+ months.  DH is tired of the up & down... one minute we're pregnant, the next we're not... It can be draining...

• Options

We already told our families.

No one else till 8-12 weeks though

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• Options

Only DH and I know now, and I hope it stays that way until we hear a heartbeat. I really would like to wait until 12-13wks. but thats gonna be tough.

Married 5/15/10. Me (29). DH (33). BFP#1 7/25/10 - Missed m/c 8wks - D&E 8/25/10 BFP#2 12/25/10 - Missed m/c 7wks - D&E 1/20/11 (second loss due to abnormal chromosome 7) Genetics testings- Normal. RPL panel results- Normal. Elevated FSH (14). DH b/w normal. SA- Normal. HSG- Left tube possibly blocked. Minor septum removed. My Ovulation Chart ~~ Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success. For who so strongly hopes has within him the gift of miracles ~~ image
  • Options
    We already told our closest family members and friends. I will probably tell the rest through FB  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Only Dh, my best friend and I know. I have my first Dr's appt on January 11th and we will probably tell both our parents and siblings then...then everyone else whenever! I want to get a shirt for my son that says "I'm going to be a big brother" and have him wear it around the family and see how long it takes them to notice.

• Options

We're not planning on telling the family for 3-4 more weeks.  Friends, probably at 12 weeks, or until I can't stand it!  I'm sure I'll tell my BFF sooner though.

• Options

We are telling parents and friends after our appointment at week 8.  Wanna make sure everything is okay first.  My mom has been BUGGING us for a baby for the last 5 years.. I want to make sure everything is good before I tell her.  :P

We've told a few select close friends already that we trust to keep their mouths shut.  and I'm going to tell my boss when I go back to work Monday b/c I work in an IT dept at a college.. and we will be setting up computers for registration Monday.. and he needs to know why I won't be lifting any computers or monitors  :P 

image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We plan on telling around Valentine's Day. I'll be about 10 weeks at that point. I'm trying to think of something cute for the grandparents.
  • Options

I told my mom because there was no way I was going to be able to keep that secret.  Otherwise, we will probably tell family and super close friends after we see the heartbeat.  The rest of the world can wait until at least 12 weeks.  :)

• Options
    imageBonitaKaz:

We already told our families.

No one else till 8-12 weeks though

This. We also told all of our close friends who were praying for us during our TTC journey. 

We told my mom, MIL, and grandparents with a poem that I thought up a long time ago:

"Pink or Blue? We will have to see! All I know is Grammy's going to love me!"

• Options
    My DH and I have not told anyone yet.  We want to wait until after our first appointment to see how it goes.  My doctor doesn't see anyone until they are 8-10 weeks.  The holidays were difficult - esp when my family kept asking me to try different drinks.  I couldn't believe how many times I had to say no. 
  • Options
    Already told my parents, (DD said she was going to be a big sister...it took them a while to get it!) but waiting until my first Dr. appt to tell DH's family (at 11 wks).  I will just let other people figure it out on their own as I get bigger!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Funny story... my parents were visiting, and on the last day I got into a HUUGGE fight with my mom about, well, nothing. Then my dad of all people suggests I test. So I do, with them in the living room, and my DH at work. So yeah, my parents know. I wouldn't have told them until I at least missed my period!

Other than them, I told my friend who's a doula. My rule with LO#1 is, if I feel comfortable enough talking to them about a m/c, I can tell them about being pg.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Natural complete miscarriage 3.16.11. Baby was 14 weeks 5 days. Meet you soon, little one.
  • Options

We told our families right away. We couldn't possibly stand keeping the secret from them. This our first pregnancy, unexpected, but amazing so far! We'll probably tell friends at 10 weeks or so. As far as work goes, I will probably just let most people figure it out for themselves. We've got a "prenatal orientation" visit with my NP on Tuesday. I'm so EXCITED!!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We told immediate family the same day we found out but told them not to say anything until 3 months... Then the MIL posted a congrats on our facebook... So she took care of that! hahaha.
  • Options

imagemrsisis:
    We told immediate family the same day we found out but told them not to say anything until 3 months... Then the MIL posted a congrats on our facebook... So she took care of that! hahaha.

Oof. Thanks MIL...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Natural complete miscarriage 3.16.11. Baby was 14 weeks 5 days. Meet you soon, little one.
  • Options
    My MIL posted 3 updates on her own FB within an hour of us talking to her. She was so adorable. I kind of freaked out at first, but I don't think she did any real damage. I didn't want to rain on her parade, so I just disabled my wall until the family calms down. This is a happy time, so I've decided just to roll with these kinds of things :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We haven't told anyone yet. We are just enjoying the news ourselves right now. We did find some really cute picture frames that say "Sneak Peak. It's Amazing how someone so small can inspire a love so grand." We bought a few and plan to put the first ultrasound pic in that. We talked about telling that way but I don't know if I can keep it to myself that long!

• Options

My mom knows, because I couldn't keep it from her.....but as of right now, no one else outside this house knows.  We haven't even told DS yet, because he's old enough to blab.  We'll probably tell family after the first u/s with a heartbeat, not because we would keep it from them if there is a miscarriage, but just because it is easier that way, and means they have less of a wait.  Wink  They will be told to not tell anyone else though, until after 12 weeks.  I don't know how that is going to go over at work......I actually don't plan on telling anyone at all really, and just let them figure it out when I start showing.  Of course, with my last pregnancy (that lasted anyway), I was barfing my guts out at all hours at 10 weeks (which lasted the entire pregnancy...fun.)  - so I really couldn't keep it from other teachers because I literally barfed in my classroom multiple times that year.  (My poor students - morning sickness hit it's height the same day as state testing began - I sat behind my desk and hurled into a trash basket repeatedly while proctoring the reading test.  Fun memories.  I even barfed ON one of my kids that week -- I quickly sent the kids out the door (thankfully I was in a mobile classroom that year - so the playground was right there) to play, and one of them hung back to ask me a question.  I was heading towards the railing so I could hurl over the side - he got in my way, and....well, his shoes were a mess.  Embarrassed  6th grader, he should have known better - couldn't he see I was green?! 

• Options
    We are telling our family in person in two weeks when we go home for a visit.  We are making a DVD of the year in pictures.  Since we found out on 12/31/10, the 2nd to last picture will be a picture of my hubby looking at the pregnancy test and the last picture will be a picture of the pregnancy test.  Can't wait to see their faces!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"