Attachment Parenting

Floor bedders ...

We've been on a floor bed for a few days out of necessity (movers have all our stuff somewhere between Cheyenne and Albuquerque), and surprisingly are really enjoying the set-up for bedsharing/cosleeping. H and I just talked about making the bed floor thing permanent (for as long as we have an LO).

But, I'm also kind of vain, and I was wondering ...  how do you make a floor bed a part of a "finished" room? A mattress on the floor has a bit of a "we just moved in/lazy frat boy" look to it. How have you made your floor bed an attractive part of the master (if this is possible!)? I thought of building a frame around the bottom of it (2x4s stained would be easy), which would give it a modern look, but her crib mattress is pushed up against the bed and I'm not sure that would work. Any homemade headboard suggestions? Drapes to give it height? I don't know. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Floor bedders ...

• Sounds like our setup, our mattress on the floor with the crib mattress pushed up against.  We do have a rail along the crib mattress.  I think if the rest of your room is nicely finished, the bed being the only thing that looks 'lazy' isn't as noticeable.  I agree about it looking lazy, but hey, it works.  You could make a headboard out of an old panel door and anchor it to a wall behind the mattress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We already had a pretty tall DIY upholstered headboard before we removed the frame.  Our floor bed (in our Master) consists of both the box spring and mattress so the bottom of the headboard is still covered and just looks extra tall now.  I also have a mattress cover on the box spring so no one is seeing bare mattress.  But honestly no one really sees our bedroom other than us so it's not one of the (many) things I (constantly) obsess about.  

In DD's room, her floor bed is just a mattress on the floor with bumpers under the sheets on three sides.  She likes to dive into the bed and she still occasionally rolls off so I don't plan on adding a box spring or frame anytime soon.  She has a cute sheet set, blanket, etc so her room still looks fine IMO w/o being "finished".  I have considered making another DIY headboard and putting it on her wall where the mattress is length wise to make it kind of look like a low daybed.

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"