January 2011 Moms

XP: Bundle Covers

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good car seat bundle cover?  I'm in OH where it's been a pretty cold winter so I want to make sure the LO stays bundled and covered from the frigid wind & weather.  We have the JJ Cold Bundle Me, I'm just wonder what your thoughts are on that version versus any others you may like.  TIA!

Re: XP: Bundle Covers

• get something like this : https://www.target.com/Babys-Cozy-World-Embroidered-Carrier/dp/B000VPPS9M/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_3_title

The bundle me interferes with the car seat and its safety 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have the bundle me and I love it.

Some people get overly paranoid about it because according to the internet, it messes with the straps (which IMO doesnt happen if you use it properly), so some people cut out the back piece of it. I always felt fine using it the way it was made, personally.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKC_13:

We have the bundle me and I love it.

Some people get overly paranoid about it because according to the internet, it messes with the straps (which IMO doesnt happen if you use it properly), so some people cut out the back piece of it. I always felt fine using it the way it was made, personally.

You automatically void the warranty if you use any after market part that attaches/interferes with parts/straps which the bundle me does, that's the main reason people don't use them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is a good question - I have the Bundle Me (still in package with gift receipt attached) and plan on returning it. I got my car seat inspected and he, too, said those are no good. I keep hearing how after market things like that just aren't good. I decided to pack on the blankets and the car seat comes with a little boot thing - it doesn't come quite as high as the link in PP but it's something. If I feel that's not enough, I will get something like that post.
  • I used a Bundle Me with DD and had no problem with it.  I did cut off the back for safety reasons though.  I live in OH as well and that shower cover thing is too light, IMO, and you will need something heavier to keep LO warm.  If I am freezing in thermals, a thick coat, a sweater, thick pants, full boots, a hat and gloves, imagine how LO would feel in a fleece jacket and that shower cover.  It sounds good, but I didn't feel comfortable with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagehoney740:
    imageKC_13:

You automatically void the warranty if you use any after market part that attaches/interferes with parts/straps which the bundle me does, that's the main reason people don't use them.

I am aware. I think the probability that I'm going to get in an accident, the carseat will fail, and I'm going to have to go after Graco over the carseat failing is pretty nonexistant, so I'll take my chances.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our car seat comes with a footmuff that was crash tested and approved to be used with the car seat. We have the Orbit though and the footmuff is $140.
  • Someone bought me "The Cute Cruiser" (link below) for a shower gift.  It can be used on the carseat and Baby Bjorn.  You can use it on a regular stroller, too, when your LO is no longer an infant.  The design is totally different than the Bundle Me (it isn't shaped like a sack like the Bundle Me...just a thick blanket with straps...the outside is weather resistant). 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thecutecruiser

• We have a shower cap style one that we will be using. We'll use blankets around the baby, too, if needed.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had a January baby last time and honestly, we loved the Bundle Me. This knowing full well that our car seat inspector (who's also a friend) said they are a definite no-no b/c they attach under the baby. She said any cover that only goes over the top is fine (as is just putting a blanket over her. Of course, I'm also a bad mom who had a window shade and various other objects in her car that can become fatal projectiles if you are in a car crash. I did finally take down the shade and buy a plastic tub that we secured down for other items. That all being said, I still love the Bundle Me for winter babies and will prob use it again.
  • imageKC_13:

According to the internet, it messes with the straps?  NO! According to every single car seat technician.  I feel like banging my head against the wall every time you bring in your ignorant opinion about car seat safety. 

OP- JJ Cole does have a shower cap style one.  They sell it at BRU for $30.  

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4389487

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I have the Bundle Me, but I only plan on using it on the car seat when we go on walks in the stroller.  For car rides, we're going with a tucked in blanket.
  • imagetealio:
    I have the Bundle Me, but I only plan on using it on the car seat when we go on walks in the stroller.  For car rides, we're going with a tucked in blanket.
    This. I live in NOLA so it doesn't get too too cold here, we'll just be using some heavy-ish blankets in the car.
  • imageLittleApple:
    imageKC_13:

According to the internet, it messes with the straps?  NO! According to every single car seat technician.  I feel like banging my head against the wall every time you bring in your ignorant opinion about car seat safety. 

OP- JJ Cole does have a shower cap style one.  They sell it at BRU for $30.  

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4389487

ALL of this! I got the shower cap style, exact one shown on the link and it's 110% safer than the traditional bundle me and does the SAME thing without the danger!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a cozy cover

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/183-4269755-4009443?asin=B0011YUIKG&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B0011YUIKG&CPNG=&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B0011YUIKG&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

and we love it!  It does not mess with the straps and also allows for a blanket underneath!  We got it as a gift and it is great!

• imageKC_13:

I am aware. I think the probability that I'm going to get in an accident, the carseat will fail, and I'm going to have to go after Graco over the carseat failing is pretty nonexistant, so I'll take my chances.

Um, you're not the one in the carseat.  You're willing to "take chances" with your kid's life? Nice.

I also have a cozy cover.  We used the shower cap style with DD (also a Jan baby) and had no issues.  The Bundle me is fine for strollers, etc, but I'm not going to take a risk with my kid's well-being when there is an acceptable and equally functional alternative.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"