Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Just my opinion

Re: Just my opinion

• Options
    imagemrs529:

I am bringing it up again because this post originated by Lovey as a complaint about people doing something very similar to what Lovey did.  Of course it was dropped and brushed under the rug because it was embarrassing to rally for something and say it was so super necessary and then it be a big fat fail.

You are right, I am sure there was some embarrassment. Lovely thought it was a good idea and needed and many people agreed with her. Sure it was a fail, so what? It could have been sucessful or it could have failed, no one knew until it was tried.

So it was suggested, tried, didn't work, removed. What is the big fuvking deal?  It was never meant to be a private board, because trust, Lovely, myself and several other people are smart enought to put together an off board if we wanted too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagemrs529:
    imageFyreFry5:
    imagemrs529:
    imagereinstone:
    imagemrs529:

Me thinks you're just cranky because your "exclusive" board was taken away. Weren't you the one just a few weeks ago whining and stomping your feet for your own board? Pretty sure you AWed all over TTGP for that. And you could've just as easily gone and made an "off board" rather than cause the drama you did begging for your own exclusive club...which turned out to be pointless anyway.

Also, um WHOA on that super long siggy.

ETA I wasn't done.

The TTGP6+ board was intended to be a legit Bump board, not an exclusive off board.  FAIL

Um, except that it wasn't because there is already a board for those TTC 6+ months but Lovey was too speshul to go post there. Instead she (and a handful of followers) wanted her own board here on TTGP so she and her friends could all have their own place instead of posting amongst those, *gasp*, tainted with a "diagnosis".

The only thing that was a FAIL was that board.

This is way out of line.  I don't know what else to say except that you are so wrong.

Not out of line at all. How do you think it felt to the members of the board that was already in existence to reach out and welcome those asking for a place to go, only to be snubbed? Why else would someone not want to post there?

Because they wouldn't want to minimize the more difficult issues that many of those women were dealing with by complaining about a simple factor of time.  To spare their feelings.

It sucks that some people took offense to that, and while I can see how it could have been misinterpreted, it's not black or white like you're making it out to be.

I'm going to go back to talking to my wall now - Those conversations are more productive.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageFyreFry5:
    imagemrs529:

I am bringing it up again because this post originated by Lovey as a complaint about people doing something very similar to what Lovey did.  Of course it was dropped and brushed under the rug because it was embarrassing to rally for something and say it was so super necessary and then it be a big fat fail.

I don't want to speak for Lovey, but my interpretation of this is very different from yours.

From where I sit, it seems that Lovey's purpose was to find a way for a certain demographic of this board to feel INCLUDED.   (People who, through no fault of anybody's, felt excluded from both the TTTC board and the regular TTGP board because the dynamics of those boards.) 

This chat thing is meant to EXCLUDE people. 

Whether or not the sub-board was necessary or successful is not the issue here.

I agree with the bolded.  The original purpose of the TTGP-6+ board was meant to be a place that included people who were trying 6+ and had no diagnosis.  I fell into that group.  I never felt excluded from TTTC, but I felt uncomfortable posting there because I personally felt like I was intruding.  Everyone was very welcome.

Since we're going there, I'll go there.  I think the backlash against lovey by TTTC was unfair.  She intro'ed there and got the ball rolling for a few different options here - including a check in and the possibility for another board.  I don't think ANYONE thought 1) that a new board would happen or 2) that it would happen within a day.

I know she ruffled feathers.  But I think it is time to let it go.  Her heart was in the right place.  If this kind of attitude of betrayal is going to be ongoing, I kind of hope I never have to post there because I'm not perfect.  No one is perfect.  I understand you felt hurt and snubbed, but at some point everyone needs to let it go and move forward.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageStephK:
    imageFyreFry5:
    imagemrs529:

I don't want to speak for Lovey, but my interpretation of this is very different from yours.

From where I sit, it seems that Lovey's purpose was to find a way for a certain demographic of this board to feel INCLUDED.   (People who, through no fault of anybody's, felt excluded from both the TTTC board and the regular TTGP board because the dynamics of those boards.) 

This chat thing is meant to EXCLUDE people. 

Whether or not the sub-board was necessary or successful is not the issue here.

I agree with the bolded.  The original purpose of the TTGP-6+ board was meant to be a place that included people who were trying 6+ and had no diagnosis.  I fell into that group.  I never felt excluded from TTTC, but I felt uncomfortable posting there because I personally felt like I was intruding.  Everyone was very welcome.

Since we're going there, I'll go there.  I think the backlash against lovey by TTTC was unfair.  She intro'ed there and got the ball rolling for a few different options here - including a check in and the possibility for another board.  I don't think ANYONE thought 1) that a new board would happen or 2) that it would happen within a day.

I know she ruffled feathers.  But I think it is time to let it go.  Her heart was in the right place.  If this kind of attitude of betrayal is going to be ongoing, I kind of hope I never have to post at TTTC.  I understand you felt hurt and snubbed, but at some point everyone needs to let it go and move forward.

Oh I feel bad for the backlash she received, too, because it wasn't entirely her workings.  My only point is that maybe she shouldn't create posts to complain about behaviors very similar to those she has exhibited herself. 

• Options

Everyone watch out, the posting police have arrived.

• Options
    imagemrs529:
    imagereinstone:
    imagemrs529:
    imagereinstone:
    imagemrs529:

Please elaborate about how these two things are remotely similar.

From the OP: "If you want to have something exclusive, make an off board.  It is that simple.  Lots of people are part of off boards, they just don't PW and AW them all over TTGP."

What Lovey/her followers did: 

1) Wanted an exclusive place to post for those TTC 6+ months WITHOUT diagnosis (though a board was already in existence for those TTC 6+ months)

2) ...without just creating an off board.

3) And she PWed and AWed all over TTGP to make it happen.

The point, though, is that the everday Jane from TTGP would move to TTGP6+ (had it worked), which you CAN'T do in an offboard, which was my original point.

That is a valid point, but it's irrelevant to this particular post because my issue is that Lovey is complaining about something very similar to what she did. The issue of an off board versus a sub-board function, purpose, etc is a different topic entirely. Lovey is trying to say that people wanting an exclusive place to post should just create an off board and shut up about it- something many on this board said to her when she asked for the new board. And yes, what she asked for was a level of exclusivity because the already created board wasn't good enough- you had to be TTC 6+ months and you couldn't have a diagnosis.

I'm sorry but i think mrs529 would agree with me that you have us all frazzled with all the nonsense and drama you like to portray.

• Options
    imagejdmom03:

I'm sorry but i think mrs529 would agree with me that you have us all frazzled with all the non sense and Drama you like to portray.

Again, what?

• Options
    imagejdmom03:

I'm sorry but i think mrs529 would agree with me that you have us all frazzled with all the nonsense and Drama you like to portray.

Woah woah woah...you just learned how to spell your words correctly. Let's not move on to personification just yet. One thing at a time young buck.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:

I'm sorry but i think mrs529 would agree with me that you have us all frazzled with all the nonsense and Drama you like to portray.

Woah woah woah...you just learned how to spell your words correctly. Let's not move on to personification just yet. One thing at a time young buck.

I'm sorry but your little  "Mean girls club" is getting old and very annoying. Obviously you can't think of a normal post so you like to "try" and pick on the weak which is so pathetic. Get a hobby or something

• Options
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:

I'm sorry but your little  "Mean girls club" is getting old and very annoying. Obviously you can't think of a normal post so you like to "try" and pick on the weak which is so pathetic. Get a hobby or something

Mean girls...haven't heard that one before. Hmm... you know what I think is mean? Saying you are going to rub your BFP in someone's face.

• Options

I'm still pretty amused that the "need" for a board for those without a diagnosis was needed for those ttc 6-12 months.

That's just ttc.

And then I love how the entire board was all about testing. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:

Mean girls...haven't heard that one before. Hmm... you know what I think is mean? Saying you are going to rub your BFP in someone's face.

You know for people who have weakness like people hitting their 1year mark TTGP and only having a c/p to show for it, you all are very hypocritical on bashing others

• Options

Personally, I think the word "stupidity" was apt.

• Options
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:

JD, I find it hilarious (is that a tween word?) that you called the word "stupidity" a tween word, yet you cannot even properly construct a sentence.
    Or, at the very least, realize that nonsense is ONE word, and that you don't have to "" the word try because if she's trying she's trying. How can she not try if she's trying?
    Lastly, you're calling yourself weak, which is the best part of it all.

So give it up, You won't win this one honey, not today.

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• Options
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:

I see we have spelling down, but we also need to work on punctuation.

• Options

imagejdmom03:

You know for people who have weakness like people hitting their 1year mark TTGP and only having a c/p to show for it, you all are very hypocritical on bashing others

Dirty chat lurker. Get a hobby.

• Options
    imageLGLDVM:
    imageStephK:

I know she ruffled feathers.  But I think it is time to let it go.  Her heart was in the right place.  If this kind of attitude of betrayal is going to be ongoing, I kind of hope I never have to post there because I'm not perfect.  No one is perfect.  I understand you felt hurt and snubbed, but at some point everyone needs to let it go and move forward.

3TC is my home board, I never gave her "backlash".  If backlash was given it was an individual thing.  Lovey is my girl and I understood where she was coming from with wanting a sub-board.  I didn't think it was necessary, but I saw her reasoning.

I know you love Lovey, LGL. To clarify, I didn't mean all of TTTC had a negative reaction or cared one way or the other.  I don't post there or lurk there, other than a few times, so I don't know.  I just know that she got - and obviously continues to get - a negative reaction that I think is unfair.  It's time to let it go.

Let's hug it out. Wink 

• Options

imagejdmom03:

Low blow much?  Here's an even bigger shovel.

• Options

imagejdmom03:

people who have weakness like people hitting their 1year mark TTGP and only having a c/p to show for it, you all are very hypocritical on bashing others

Whoa. What are you trying to say? Your inablity to form a logical thought makes that sound like you are saying something that is wrong on so many different levels.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:

WHAT THE FVCK??! Please tell me I am reading this wrong.

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options
    imagemelissa721:

imagejdmom03:

Sorry i don't belittle myself with lurking, i just have some really nice friends is all.

• Options
    imagemelissa721:

imagejdmom03:

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog

• Options

bump burp

• Options
    imageAmberZ2be:
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:
    imagemelissa721:
    imagejdmom03:

WHAT THE FVCK??! Please tell me I am reading this wrong.

No you aren't.  That was directed at me :(

• Options

imagejdmom03:
    Sorry i don't belittle myself with lurking, i just have some really nice friends is all.

Are these the same "friends" who blocked you on FB and gave out the PW for your speshul chat room?

• Options

imagejdmom03:

See? I told you that those with an unlimited supply of stupidity will provide new fodder shortly.

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog

• Options
    imagejdmom03:

Oh, I get it! You are trying to entertain us by creating a fun game where we are supposed to try and decipher what your posts mean, right?

• Options
    imageHatesSharpies:

imagejdmom03:

Are these the same "friends" who blocked you on FB and gave out the PW for your speshul chat room?

Oh yea you really know me, i'm so hurt awee, boo hoo. Is that why they are all in there now and you and your gabbly chatter don;t have the PW

• Options
    imagejdmom03:

Oh you aren't lurking in chat?  You must be too busy feeding McDonald's french fries...on second thought...I will throw you a bone today... I'll let that one go.

• Options
    JD, how about you go buy some big girl panties, put away the shovel, not say crazy mean things anymore, and we'll have nothing to make fun of.  Deal?
  • Options
    imagejdmom03:
    imageHatesSharpies:

imagejdmom03:

Oh yea you really know me, i'm so hurt awee, boo hoo. Is that why they are all in there now and you and your gabbly chatter don;t have the PW

OK, I'll play!! Let's see....."yea" is supposed to be "yeah", awee" is supposed to be "aw"...ummmm.....and you are trying to insult an AE by taunting her with a lack of chat room password? Did I get it?

• Options
    image_Brianna_H:
    imagejdmom03:
    imageHatesSharpies:

imagejdmom03:

OK, I'll play!! Let's see....."yea" is supposed to be "yeah", awee" is supposed to be "aw"...ummmm.....and you are trying to insult an AE by taunting her with a lack of chat room password? Did I get it?

How did you get all that one the first try?! Are you cheating! You're good at this game!

• Options
    imagejdmom03:

Wait, you make a comment like this and you're telling other people they're mean girls?  That was obnoxious, rude and mean.  You should be ashamed of yourself, but that's probably expecting too much from you. No

• Options
    imageMilliways:

imagejdmom03:

people who have weakness like people hitting their 1year mark TTGP and only having a c/p to show for it, you all are very hypocritical on bashing others

Whoa. What are you trying to say? Your inablity to form a logical thought makes that sound like you are saying something that is wrong on so many different levels.

She is making fun of me.  Bringing up my c/p. KLASSY. 

• Options
    imageloveypants:
    imageMilliways:

imagejdmom03:

Just so we are clear in case someone is making a Jd manifesto, and then I am done...

1. She wants to throw her BFP in someone's face

2. She throws losses in girls' faces.

Klassy indeed.

• Options

Wow, jdmom. I rarely remember the crazies on here, but I won't be able to forget you. Making fun of someone's loss?  Edited-bc she isn't worth a possible ban. :)

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options
    imageStephK:
    imagejdmom03:

Wait, you make a comment like this and you're telling other people they're mean girls?  That was obnoxious, rude and mean.  You should be ashamed of yourself, but that's probably expecting too much from you. No

I'm in agreement with StephK on this, that was a really low blow. 

• Options
    imageloveypants:
    imageMilliways:

imagejdmom03:

WOW that was a b!tch a$$ move.  Grow the fvck up!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If she thought the Sharpie jokes were bad, this is so so so much worse x 8
  • Options
    imageStephK:
    imagejdmom03:

I wasn't going to chime in on this drama. However, after reading that statement; I must say, you took it too far on that one Jdmom! Why would you say something so heartless and cruel? Starting off the new year by saying something so callous is not good for your karma. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"