Baby Names

well this might be silly... Ben and Hen?

LO is Benjamin.  Our favorite baby boy name for DS#2 is Henry.

Benjamin doesn't have any nicknames... yet.  I say yet because I'm sure there will be little friends that will call him Ben eventually.  We always plan on calling him Benjamin. 

Someone's going to do the whole Ben and Hen thing, aren't they?  Am I being silly thinking about that?  Not a big deal, is it? 

Thoughts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: well this might be silly... Ben and Hen?

• I might notice it (I love noticing patterns in names), but I sure as hell wouldn't just call someone's kids 'Ben and Hen'.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • I dont think anyone will call your baby Hen... so nothing to worry about in my eyes!

Love it 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKtGirl88:

I dont think anyone will call your baby Hen... so nothing to worry about in my eyes!

Love it 

This. LOVE Henry! 

• I love the name Henry.  I wouldn't have thought of the names like that.  Someone might, but it's not like Hen is a common nn.
  • It might come up once or twice, but it won't be teasing- it'll be more like "Hey... it's Ben and Hen... hmm. interesting."

But since Hen isn't a typical nickname for Henry, I doubt many people will even think of it.

"Ben and Hank" is cute!

"Ben and Harry" does sound a lot like Ben & Jerry's (ice cream), but Harry is not as common a nickname in the United States as it is in Great Britain.

Benjamin and Henry is just darling! I say go for it!

• imageKtGirl88:

I dont think anyone will call your baby Hen... so nothing to worry about in my eyes!

Love it 

This.

• Nah, I don't think anyone would call Henry Hen. I think they're both great names and make a great sibset.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• imageKtGirl88:

Love it 

This! Great name, and I wouldn't have noticed the Ben and Hen thing had you not you pointed it out.

• I would never, ever call someone named Henry, Hen. You have no reason to worry about this. I love Henry!
  • Very reassuring!  Thanks ladies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hahaha... I would have never noticed that! Nobody really would call Henry "Hen" anyway!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • imageEaglefoot23:

It might come up once or twice, but it won't be teasing- it'll be more like "Hey... it's Ben and Hen... hmm. interesting."

But since Hen isn't a typical nickname for Henry, I doubt many people will even think of it.

"Ben and Hank" is cute!

"Ben and Harry" does sound a lot like Ben & Jerry's (ice cream), but Harry is not as common a nickname in the United States as it is in Great Britain.

Benjamin and Henry is just darling! I say go for it!

I agree with Eagle.  You would be more likely to have jokes if the names you picked were like Timothy and James ( Tim and Jim) or other more common rhyming NN.

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"