Baby Names

Two Middle Names?

While my family does have Italian and Filipino backgrounds (custom in both backgrounds for a child to have more than one middle name), we were just having trouble picking out ONE middle name that would honor both our maternal grandmothers.  

The meaning of my grandma's name is also hard to replicate, so our initial plan of First Name= My grandma, Middle Name=His grandma didn't quite work.  Hence the idea of First Name=Our choice, 2 Middle Names=My grandma, then his grandma

What do you think?  Is two middle names excessive? Thank you!

Re: Two Middle Names?

• What names are you working with? I think two middle names is a fine idea. :) I don't think it's excessive at all, especially if it's a tradition.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I think it would depend on what kind of names you're working with - especially with the length.  If we're talking about Elizabeth Franchesca Sampaguita Mortonson... Well that would be just scary and could be a huge hindrance for a little kid.  If we're talking about less syllables, like Joy Allegra Amor Smith would be more acceptable IMO.  
  • Loading the player...
  • So funny about "Elizabeth Franchesca Sampaguita Mortonson..."  Sampaguita is actually my favorite flower in the Philippines, LOL.

No, the two middle names + last name would be Divina Lucia dunDUNdun (last name is Italian).

Still trying to figure out a first name...DH wasn't too set on Divina being 1st... 

• that should have read "plus" not "equals" but for some reason, the plus symbol doesn't show up when I publish my post...only when I'm writing it here...weird.  
  • I grew up with two middle names and it wasn't a big deal.  I think it is sweet to honor both grandmas.
  • Ooooh I like those two names together.  Good call, I think. 
  • I don't personally like the ideas of 2 middle names, but if it is tradition than it would be ok.  The little boy that I watch has 2 and I think it is a bit excessive.  But as you said if a lot of people do it in your family than I think that is more ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't mind 2 MNs for reasons as such.

P.S. I have 2 MNs and my children do as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"