Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What worked for teething?

My LO is just getting his first tooth and it is not going well.  Around bedtime for the last 3 nights he is screaming, arching his back and just crying and crying.  I can see it coming through but not all the way yet.

He's normally a happy baby but this is rough for him.  We tried Tylenol/Motrin but neither seemed to help.  He finally fell asleep about 10 minutes ago - I think out of sheer exhaustion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What worked for teething?

• Options
    We found that Ibuprofen worked better than Tylenol.  So.... Ibuprofen at nighttime and for naps and lots of extra attention.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    teething tablets, the teething rings, we kept 2, one for baby, and the other in the wash bucket.  We kept in the fridge to keep it cool.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has done really well with small ice chunks.  We will usually avoid giving medication when possible, and some times after sucking on a few small ice cubes, he would be well enough to go about sleeping or being the happy baby he is.  If it is really bad we will give infant motrin.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ibuprofen was the med meds we could use but other than meds it  as a lot of extra nursing and cold apples in mesh feeder bags worked very well.
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options

Tylenol, Nighttime Orajel, and this vibrating teether thing. It is made by Infantino. Target carries it. There is one that looks like a bunch of grapes and one that looks like a strawberry. When they bite on it, it vibrates. DS loves it!

Good luck!

• Options
    the doc told me orajel hardens the gums, i recommend teething tablets! They work wonders!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    We use teething tablets. We use Humphrey's Teething Tablets, teething rings, cool rags, and Tylonel when he is really cranky. Usually the tablets work well. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

giving ice in the mesh feeder and frozen carrot sticks during the day, motrin before bed and for those rare times where he just cries and cries, we give orajel.

people hate on orajel but it works really well for us.

• Options
    imagemommy2BinMD:

Tylenol, Nighttime Orajel, and this vibrating teether thing. It is made by Infantino. Target carries it. There is one that looks like a bunch of grapes and one that looks like a strawberry. When they bite on it, it vibrates. DS loves it!

Good luck!

oh, ds likes this too! we have the grapes one.

• Options

I'm hte first to admit that this sounds crazy but... a natural amber  infant necklace.  I had read online that when amber is worn against the skin it releases something that is suppose to ease the pain of teething.  I thought it's worth a try.  

We're now 1 month in, and have broke 3 molars with NO PROBLEMS at all.  No fussiness, no waking, nothing!

Like I said, I know it sounds crazy, but I'm believer now!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"