3rd Trimester
Options

Droid...

Ok this has nothing to do with my pregnancy but my upgrade is next week and I'm thinking of getting a droid.  I really like them, I've played around with my friends... thing is idk if I really wanna be paying the extra 30 bucks a month for a data package.  So, anyone that has one... do you think it's worth the extra money??  Or if it's not worth it what's a good phone to get that doesn't require a data package??  I'm on Verizon btw.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Droid...

• Options
    I have the Incredible, DH has the X, he likes mine better now that he's had his for a while... We've talked about getting rid of our data packages, I use my phone a lot though, where as DH has to shut his off at work, and 90% of the time, when he's not at work, he's at home, and we have high-speed Internet here... So, if it's something you will use, I say get it :) I like getting emails and being able to check facebook/ upload photos where ever I am :)
  • Options

I have a droid but I switched over from the iPhone so I personally think that if you get a droid you should have the data package.  If you dont want the data package then you wont be using the phone to its full potential which means you would be better off just getting another phone all together.  What about a blackberry or something like that? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh I REALLY like the Droid Incredible and if I do get it I'll def be getting the data package b/c w/out it a droid seems pointless.  I think I like the skype mobile the most b/c w/ my hubby overseas if I'm not by a computer he can still get me on skype.

Born2Fly do you like your droid better than your iphone??  I know a lot of ppl that are waiting for the iphone to move over to verizon b/c that's been the rumor for awhile... 

• Options
    imagesimo7079:

Ugh I REALLY like the Droid Incredible and if I do get it I'll def be getting the data package b/c w/out it a droid seems pointless.  I think I like the skype mobile the most b/c w/ my hubby overseas if I'm not by a computer he can still get me on skype.

Born2Fly do you like your droid better than your iphone??  I know a lot of ppl that are waiting for the iphone to move over to verizon b/c that's been the rumor for awhile... 

I hate the droid compared to the iPhone.  It's not the worst phone by any means, but it is no iPhone.  Sorry.  Seriously...the iPhone is simply a better phone with better features that are INCLUDED with the phone.  You have to pay for apps on the droid that the iPhone does for free.  The iphone just seems to know what it is doing whereas the droid has to be told every single thing and it gets 'stuck' too.  OH and the kicker is, you cant be online and talk on the phone at the same time either.  If you are online, and someone calls, it kicks you offline...even if you didnt want to answer the call.  LOL  You just have to laugh at the lack of technology.  If you have never had an iphone then I imagine you wouldn't know the difference.  But if you have had the iphone then you immediately see the difference as night and day.     

The only reason I have a droid is because I had to switch from ATT to Verizon and the only way DH could make me happy with the decision was to get me the closest thing to an iPhone which was the droid.  When I was working I traveled internationally and ATT can not be beat when it comes to their international service.  On the other hand, DH had Verizon because they were the only service that worked when he went on missions.  ATT did not.  Now I am not working for a while (took a 2 year leave because of LO) so we decided to not have two ridiculous phone bills for no reason. 

If Verizon gets the iPhone I will chunk this droid out the window while riding down the express way as I drive to the nearest store to buy the iPhone.  :)  

• Options
    I just got the Incredible for Verizon. I like it so far, I just don't like how fast the battery wears down. There are some pretty useful apps and whatnot on there. I didn't get the $30 unlimited data package though, just the $15 for 150MB. I don't go on the net too much with it so I'm gunna try that out to save a little bit of money.
  • Options
    I have the ally with droid. Just because the orignal droid seemed super heavy to me and I really like having the qwerty keyboard and touch screen keyboard. I have never be kicked offline when somone calls. Iam ususally one the bump on my phone and if I answer a call or ignore it . My phone goes right back to the online screen I was at b4. I did hear that they are going to be lowering the price of the data package soon so that would be nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBorn2Fly:
    imagesimo7079:

I hate the droid compared to the iPhone.  It's not the worst phone by any means, but it is no iPhone.  Sorry.  Seriously...the iPhone is simply a better phone with better features that are INCLUDED with the phone.  You have to pay for apps on the droid that the iPhone does for free.  The iphone just seems to know what it is doing whereas the droid has to be told every single thing and it gets 'stuck' too.  OH and the kicker is, you cant be online and talk on the phone at the same time either.  If you are online, and someone calls, it kicks you offline...even if you didnt want to answer the call.  LOL  You just have to laugh at the lack of technology.  If you have never had an iphone then I imagine you wouldn't know the difference.  But if you have had the iphone then you immediately see the difference as night and day.     

The only reason I have a droid is because I had to switch from ATT to Verizon and the only way DH could make me happy with the decision was to get me the closest thing to an iPhone which was the droid.  When I was working I traveled internationally and ATT can not be beat when it comes to their international service.  On the other hand, DH had Verizon because they were the only service that worked when he went on missions.  ATT did not.  Now I am not working for a while (took a 2 year leave because of LO) so we decided to not have two ridiculous phone bills for no reason. 

If Verizon gets the iPhone I will chunk this droid out the window while riding down the express way as I drive to the nearest store to buy the iPhone.  :)  

Haha, I considered waiting a bit to see if it comes over to Verizon but they've been saying for a loooong time that it's suppose to switch over and the phone I have now is starting to take a sh*t so I can't wait for my upgrade.  I guess I'll go to the store and look around before I make a decision but thanks for all the info!! 

• Options

imagegreen bean:
    I have the ally with droid. Just because the orignal droid seemed super heavy to me and I really like having the qwerty keyboard and touch screen keyboard. I have never be kicked offline when somone calls. Iam ususally one the bump on my phone and if I answer a call or ignore it . My phone goes right back to the online screen I was at b4. I did hear that they are going to be lowering the price of the data package soon so that would be nice.

Oh really!?  Well that would be super nice... I feel like a lot more ppl have or are getting smart phones so they must be making a lot of money off of it.  I def think 30 extra a month plus the regular bill is a little excessive.  Hopefully they really do lower the price! 

• Options
    I recently got the Motorola Droid II and I LOVE it!  It's worth the extra cash for the data plan as you find that you use that features very often.  Good luck!  I am also on Verizon.   They have a $100 mail in rebate right now on them too.
  • Options

I don't think Verizon even lets you get the phone without getting some sort of data. And IMO, if you're going to pay $15 for 150MB, you might as well add the $15 and get unlimited. I personally love it. H and I both have droids, and it's definitely money well spent. I use it CONSTANTLY and love to be able to check things online, get directions, etc. when I'm out.

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options
    imagecynnnabun:

I don't think Verizon even lets you get the phone without getting some sort of data. And IMO, if you're going to pay $15 for 150MB, you might as well add the $15 and get unlimited. I personally love it. H and I both have droids, and it's definitely money well spent. I use it CONSTANTLY and love to be able to check things online, get directions, etc. when I'm out.

Yep, unless they've changed things recently, you have to have a data plan if you get a smartphone. It's automatic.

I have an original Motorola Droid, so it's over a year old now. I totally love it. The thing is solid - I have dropped it countless times and it is still absolutely fine. Once you get used to the keyboard, it is super easy to type on. This isn't specific to my phone, but I really like the Android operating system. The navigation system is really awesome - it works better than my Magellan. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of on my phone is the camera, but I'm a camera snob so I don't think I'll really like any cell phone camera.

My brother has a Droid X and he really likes it. It is soooo big though. I can barely hold it in my hand properly. A lot of people really seem to like the Incredible too. I am super spoiled by my qwerty keyboard though, so I'll probably always have a phone that has one.

p
  • Options

I JUST got the Droid 2 today. I have Verizon and had a Blackberry. I was ready to chuck that thing out the window numerous times. I let my daughter play with it anywhere and anytime just HOPING she would finally drop it and break it into a million pieces. Stupid thing would not die but it was so sloooow.

I actually got 2 phones today because of their Buy One Get One deal they had going on for the Droid 2 plus my rebates for both of them. I'm either going to sell the extra one to a friend or sell it on eBay. 

I've heard Verizon is supposed to get the iPhone this year sometime, but who knows. Comparing the iPhone to a Droid isn't really comparing the right things. You also need to check out service in your area. Around Orlando, AT&T is horrible, Verizon kicks ass around here though, so getting an iPhone that doesn't work everywhere sucks.

Anyway, so far I like the Droid 2. I'm still trying to get it set up and figured out though.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options

Yes they are GREAT!  I have had one for over a year now... One great thing I love about mine is I paid a one time $10.00 for the application easy tether and I can use my phone for my internet and it is as fast (if not faster) as my internet was through the cable company. So for me it was completely worth 30 extra dollars a month for internet at home alone. The phones themselves are the best yet... I personally think they are better than any iPhone or any other in that category.  

Also they really do offer the $15 a month data plan now I switch my FI to it the other day because he never uses the internet on his.  

• Options

imagegreen bean:
    I have the ally with droid. Just because the original droid seemed super heavy to me and I really like having the qwerty keyboard and touch screen keyboard. I have never be kicked offline when someone calls. I am usually one the bump on my phone and if I answer a call or ignore it . My phone goes right back to the online screen I was at b4. I did hear that they are going to be lowering the price of the data package soon so that would be nice.

You havent been kicked off because you are talking about using your browser feature on your phone.  I am talking about using your 3g network for tethering or modem capability which allows you to use your computer or any other device.  The Droid does not let you do both (talk and surf) at the same time.  Thats a fact.  The iphone can do both at the same time.  And while I wouldnt mind so much but the droid doesnt even give you the option to decline the call so you can stay on your network, so if someone calls you (which you have no control over) you just get booted off. 

Also, you cant talk and surf on your droid at the same time through the browser either.  For instance, if someone calls you, you can either take the call or decline it, but you cant take the call and continue to surf the net at the same time.  Yeah it will take you back to your internet screen once you are off the call or declined it but you cant do both.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"