March 2011 Moms
Options

3rd Trimester Scan???

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE MARCH MOMMIES!!!!!

We have alot to look forward to this year!!!!

And Secondly, has anyone's OB ordered a scan in the next few weeks for fetal growth & BPP?????

My doc this week (I'm on a rotation between 5 OBs) said she couldn't measure the baby well enough because the baby was laying sideways and wants me to go in for another scan??? Is this normal??? My OB really scared me ... My mom said not to panic since the doc doesn't even look old enough to be delivering babies, she probably doesn't have as much experience... I was panicing and stressing all day!!!!!  Even when i called the imaging centre, they asked why I was coming in for another scan this far along!!!

Is anyone else having this done?

Re: 3rd Trimester Scan???

• Options
    I don't know if anyone else has talked with their doc and they have the same thing but my doc plans on doing zero ultrasounds for the remainder of the pregnancy.  Is this normal?  I thought a growth ultrasound was necessary but I guess not!!!  I don't have any more scheduled whatsoever! 
    "When you pursue your fondest dream, and give this goal your best; The passion that has filled your heart becomes a lifelong test, though others may find fault with this, don't let your passion wane, when you staty true to your beliefs, you have the most to gain." -Encore Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't think you have any reason to worry.  I had more than one ultrasound during the third trimester with DD, as well as BPP's.  They were just to check on the baby.  Some practices consider 3rd tri BPP's routine.

I'm with a different practice for this pregnancy and I have an ultrasound on Monday and will likely have at least one more after that.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I could see how they could have a problem measuring if the baby was sideways and in a way that they could not get the probe to (such as your hip). I had to go in for a u/s for a low lying placenta and my OB had them go ahead and take measurements. She was laying sideways and really low and the whole u/s was blurry and not as clear as others I have received, like she was too far away. Don't worry too much about it, just be happy that you get another u/s! :)
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Options
    Don't worry! This is a common practice at the Midwife practice where I am going. A 36 week US for growth and positioning.
    Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
  • Options
    My doc's office won't do a 3rd tri scan unless something out of the ordinary happens. I passed my 1 hour glucose test and everything seems to be on track so I have no idea how big the LO is...lol. Hopefully not huge!
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    I was informed I wld have one more @ 38 weeks to check positioning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it just depends.  I'm having one at 35 weeks because I'm having trouble gaining weight (although I'm measuring a week ahead!) and the doctor just wants to check on size and growth.  I'm sure they'll look at the position then too, but there would still be time for her to move after that point.  I definitely wouldn't worry, just look at it as another chance to check out your little one before the birth!

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    My doc does a 3D at 30 weeks to check growth and positioning.

• Options
    Dr. said they'll do another one at 36 weeks to check positioning. I also have a 4D scheduled for Monday!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have 1 scheduled for Monday..for size of baby and I have fibroids they are trying to monitor for growth.  The size and number of fibroids may determine what type of birth we may have..
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry- it sounds pretty routine.  I wish I could get another u/s!!  I've only had 1 and really want to see the baby again!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had one u/s done at 28wks, and when I see my OB in another 2 wks he will most likely order another one to be done sometime in February. I have GD though, so this is common practice for someone in my situation.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have one next week (at 30 weeks) due to SUA. I'll continue to have one weekly until LO is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"