Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Play mat recommendations?

I thought you more "advanced" girls might have more insight.  Does anyone have a foam playmat that they'd recommend?  We're trying to make a play area for Aiden in the living room and so far most of the ones I've found have reviews about the color coating flaking off, the foam pieces smelling really strongly and curling up at the edges...
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Play mat recommendations?

• Options

We love our alphabet mat from One Step Ahead.

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6683&cmSource=Search

The letters come out, so if you have to move it around a lot, it can be a pain. I would go with the solid color mat instead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got ours at Sam's Club.  It has red, blue, green, and yellow pieces.  The pieces are large (maybe 2ft by 2ft) so with all 8 pieces it is pretty big.  We are only using six right now (we turned the other two over to the black side and put them under the sink in the kitchen!).  Anyway, it was only like $30 and we have no complaints about the paint flaking or anything.  She runs her push car over it all day and no problems.  It might have smelled like rubber right out of the package but I am really sensitive to smells so if it had been a lot or the scent hung around for a while I would have noticed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If Hermie is anything like Seuss, a play mat might not work for you guys.  Seuss likes to chew them up.  We had to remove ours from the baby play area. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

We love these mats by Step2. They are twice as thick as most of the other mats.  We have never had any smell, color flaking or curling issues.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-Playmats-2-pack/10783654

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We love ours:

Activity Mat

HTH :)

Photobucket
    My two angels

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.