Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Intro and O question

Hi all,

I'm excited to find this board as my husband and I are in our 8th cycle TTC and I don't know anyone TTC in real life. I don't wish it upon anyone but I'm relieved to know there are other women out there who lose it during the 2ww or spend mornings peeing on things or looking at spit under a microscope. I hope to be an active poster and contribute to the humourous, kind and thoughtful posts I've read here.

Personal background: Met my hubby at work and had a crush on him for 3 years until I was finally brave enough to ask him to be my boyfriend (while he was temporarily laid off).  Within a year we were married in October, bought a house and began TTC. Technically we weren't rushing because in my fantasy land we had already been married for 2 years. We are both blue-collar workers with white collar educations, book nerds and country at heart. We have a fur baby. He is a pit bull named Bishop but you can call him Mr. Snugglepants as any time I am on here he will be cuddle up against my side snoozing.

TTC background: I have been off depo since May (took the last shot in Feb.) I bled every single day while I was on depo and have had a regular cycle since October. We started trying in July (we were hoping if we got lucky early, the LO would be bad at math).

My dumb question: I'm trying to sneak up on my theremometer every morning, hoping it doesn't see me move before I get it in my mouth.  I'm more familiar with my CM and the location of my cervix than I ever thought possible and certainly more than I'd prefer. I spend lunch looking at my spit under the microscope.

Why am I doing these things? I know it is to get a good idea of when I ovulate which should then tell me when we need to BD but as long as we BDing at least once every other day throughout the entire cycle (its amazing what coming off depo will do for your libido), all bases are covered, right? It's nice to know I'm actually ovulating since coming off BC, but now that I've tracked it a few cycles and everything is synching up, I can stop right? Its nice to know exactly when I can test but not necessary. Also, aren't all of these things just indicators of ovulation? None of them are actual proof, correct? Maybe I would be less crazy if I wasn't checking all this stuff every day...and it seems so important to try to relax and not get stressed out. Any opions on this? I'd really appreciate any of your thoughts. Thanks.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and O question

• Options

I want to welcome you to the board! Hope your stay here is short! There is a newbie link at the top of this message board. Lots of good information. Most of the ladies here use fertility friend to chart there temps. If you are interested click on one of our tickers and it will take you there!

Happy New Year and hope 2011 gives you a beautiful bundle of joy!

• Options
    imageWannalitter:

Hi all,

I'm excited to find this board as my husband and I are in our 8th cycle TTC and I don't know anyone TTC in real life. I don't wish it upon anyone but I'm relieved to know there are other women out there who lose it during the 2ww or spend mornings peeing on things or looking at spit under a microscope. I hope to be an active poster and contribute to the humourous, kind and thoughtful posts I've read here.

Personal background: Met my hubby at work and had a crush on him for 3 years until I was finally brave enough to ask him to be my boyfriend (while he was temporarily laid off).  Within a year we were married in October, bought a house and began TTC. Technically we weren't rushing because in my fantasy land we had already been married for 2 years. We are both blue-collar workers with white collar educations, book nerds and country at heart. We have a fur baby. He is a pit bull named Bishop but you can call him Mr. Snugglepants as any time I am on here he will be cuddle up against my side snoozing.

TTC background: I have been off depo since May (took the last shot in Feb.) I bled every single day while I was on depo and have had a regular cycle since October. We started trying in July (we were hoping if we got lucky early, the LO would be bad at math).

My dumb question: I'm trying to sneak up on my theremometer every morning, hoping it doesn't see me move before I get it in my mouth.  I'm more familiar with my CM and the location of my cervix than I ever thought possible and certainly more than I'd prefer. I spend lunch looking at my spit under the microscope.

Why am I doing these things? I know it is to get a good idea of when I ovulate which should then tell me when we need to BD but as long as we BDing at least once every other day throughout the entire cycle (its amazing what coming off depo will do for your libido), all bases are covered, right? It's nice to know I'm actually ovulating since coming off BC, but now that I've tracked it a few cycles and everything is synching up, I can stop right? Its nice to know exactly when I can test but not necessary. Also, aren't all of these things just indicators of ovulation? None of them are actual proof, correct? Maybe I would be less crazy if I wasn't checking all this stuff every day...and it seems so important to try to relax and not get stressed out. Any opions on this? I'd really appreciate any of your thoughts. Thanks.  

Yes, you are right. You may not ovulate every cycle, but if you have routinely for a few you will probably be mostly fine. As far as proof, a temp shift would be the only "proof" in retrospect that you ovulated. I'm at the place that you are where I don't think it's really necessary to track temps anymore, maybe just CM around my normal ovulation time, but now I'm in the habit and I think it's kind of fun. If you feel like it's stressing you out, then it's fine to stop. Welcome and GL!

Edit: Wow, I just realized I responded to one of your comments farther down. You sound so much calmer about TTC here than there. I hope you are able to stay de-stressed.

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the warm welcome and the tips. I love the newbie link, especially, the glossary.  I use fertility friend and I'm going to work on getting the ticker and adding an avatar, bio, etc. The charting was fun in the begining but I'm so not a morning person and I have to fight the urge to throw the thermometer at the wall every morning. I think I'll keep it up for all the other signals but I may be done with the temps.

Happy New Years everyone and I hope to see everyone's BFP posts this year!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome! I will ditto what pp said- they are all indicators of O, however, your O date and cycle lenghts may vary, so it's still a good idea to temp each cycle.

I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"