January 2011 Moms

My 17 Week Pregnancy

Yesterday when I went for my pre-op visit at the doctor the nurse who was checking my BP, Iron levels, etc asked me if I was ready to be over this pregnancy.  I told her it had actually been very short for me.  17 weeks to be exact.  I did not find out until I was 22 weeks along and I am delivering at 39 weeks due to all of my risk factors.  It has been quite a whirlwind trying to get ready.  It took me over 2 weeks to find an OB who would take me as a patient. 

The good news is everything looks healthy with my little boy and he will be here on Monday!  My pregnancy has been very healthy and I have not really had to restrict my activities.  Actually I have been fairly busy and it has felt good. 

Now to make it until Monday morning. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 17 Week Pregnancy

• holy crap! i'm glad everything is going ok now!
  • That would be crazy!  Good luck with this last little homestretch :D
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Were you not having any symptoms the first 22 weeks? How did you finally come to find out?

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMilo5181:
    Were you not having any symptoms the first 22 weeks? How did you finally come to find out?

Im curious to know too!

Also, Im happy that you will be delivering healthy soon!

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • Wow!  Well, lots of love and prayers coming your way...so glad you'll be delivering soon.  We all wish foryour little boy to be happy, healthy, and treat his mama well!
  • Glad to hear everything is OK!  Something similar happened to my sister with her 2nd child.  She found out she was pregnant at 5 months and delivered a little bit shy of 8 months due to pre-e.  She didn't realize she was pregnant until the baby started moving.  How did you find out?

• I was on Nuva-Ring when I got pregnant.  It had caused me to skip periods quite often so I did not think too much of that.  In the first 2 years I was on it I took several home pregnancy tests after skipping 2-3 periods.  The doctor reassured me that this was normal while on Nuva Ring.  So 4 years into using it I did not think much of that.  I had no sickness, no breast tenderness, nothing.  I am a little overweight and carry most of that weight around the middle so no noticable thickening in that area.

I went to the doctor because almost overnight I lost at least 5 pounds for no reason and was having terrible pains in my lower abdomen.  Of course when they found out I had skipped periods they did the pregnancy test and found that was the reason.  I was probably having round ligament pains.  It was a scary two days - they told me I was pregnant on Tuesday and scheduled me for an ultrasound on Thursday (I go to a GYN - no OB in their practice).  They told me I needed to bring my husband and called it a viability scan.  We told no one because we were scared of what the news would be.  Especially since the doctor listened to my stomach and felt it at the first appt and would not make any type of comment.  On Thursday we found out it was a healthy little boy.  My husband was so funny because when they asked him if he would like to see the baby he looked at the ultrasound tech and asked her if it was alive.  

Because I am high risk (age 39, T2 Diabetes & lacking in early pre-natal care) and there are only two OB practices in our town and one sole practictioner it took me some time to get one to see me.  My GYN office got me in with my second choice as well as in to see the Maternal-Fetal group for high-risk care.    I wasted almost 2 weeks pursuing my first choice office only to get a call saying they would not take me as a patient and would offer no explanation. 

We have a DS who is almost 14 - this was a huge shock to him but I think he has finally adjusted to the idea that this is happening.  DH is very very excited about this little guy.  I am excited but somedays still in shock since I thought we were through having children. 

• Wow! Best of luck to you and LO!
  • Wow! What a crazy, roller-coaster ride of a story. I'm glad things are going well and you will get to meet your little man soon. I can't believe how unreliable Nuva Ring is. I'll have to keep that in mind.
  • Wow! Glad everything is going good for you & LO. 

I know 2 girls that got pregnant of that Nuva Ring.... I wouldn't go near it! 

• Good luck on making it to monday and having a healthy baby boy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"