Success after IF

rear facing tethered carseat?

I just got a new Britax convertible carseat. It has a tether strap and the instructions say to hook it to something (like front seat rails) when installed rear-facing. (for forward facing there are tether hooks built into the seat of my car). My problem is that my car doesn't have the front seat rails exposed. They are all covered by plastic trim and there is no other place to tether to. 

Seems like the tether is optional for rear-facing as most rear-facing seats don't have it as an option. I'm wondering is anyone else has had this issue and what you did about it.

Thanks. 

siggy should be here!

Re: rear facing tethered carseat?

• We couldn't tether RF either. Our inspector said not to worry about it since most others can't be anyways. I had that seat in so tight with the LATCH that it wasn't going anywhere. 
  • imageJune4bride2be:
    We couldn't tether RF either. Our inspector said not to worry about it since most others can't be anyways. I had that seat in so tight with the LATCH that it wasn't going anywhere. 

Thanks. that helps ease my mind. 

siggy should be here!
  • Loading the player...
  • We also have a Britax convertible carseat.  We looked up the installation instructions online and it offered 2 options for using the tether rear-facing.  We couldn't do the Swedish method either (which they say is preferred) so we did the Australian which uses the designated tether anchors above our backseat. 

HTH!        

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageigh0318:

We also have a Britax convertible carseat.  We looked up the installation instructions online and it offered 2 options for using the tether rear-facing.  We couldn't do the Swedish method either (which they say is preferred) so we did the Australian which uses the designated tether anchors above our backseat. 

HTH!        

i was wondering about this option, but it seemed the same as not having it tethered at all. Plus, wouldn't it make it harder to get LO in and out? 

I'll have to try it out and see if it'll work. 

siggy should be here!
  • We also did the Australian method. Our carseat inspector said that it's not absolutely necessary to do it, since no other carseats even have the option. However, we did it just to give us that added security. It is not easy getting him in and out though.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJune4bride2be:
    We couldn't tether RF either. Our inspector said not to worry about it since most others can't be anyways. I had that seat in so tight with the LATCH that it wasn't going anywhere. 

Ditto!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I haven't done it but when I had my Britax installed by a professional, he said I could take my car to a dealership (or their service people) and they can have the tether anchors installed in the car for free.
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

•  i was wondering about this option, but it seemed the same as not having it tethered at all. Plus, wouldn't it make it harder to get LO in and out?  I don't think it's harder.   It's just an extra step...I loosen the strap, put him in, then tighten it again.  Like pps said it's not required but we figured it can't hurt to use it.     

I'll have to try it out and see if it'll work. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"