December 2010 Moms
Options

C/S moms- using anything on your scar?

Are you using any lotion, bio oil, vitamin E?! Mine is so itchy and sensitive I feel like I should put something on there. And it's way more lumpy this time around... Ew.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: C/S moms- using anything on your scar?

• Options
    Nope, but honestly my stretch marks are so bad, I've been putting lotion on them and not really thinking about my scar! It doesn't itch though, so that probably helps.

• Options
    at the risk of being extra gross mine is lumpy too and just yesterday the "scabby" part fell off (well.. it started falling off and I picked the rest off.. TMI I know) anyway I was just thinking I should start putting something on it but have no clue what.  I want to try bio oil but it's pricey and I'm cheap.  so far I've just been using my vitamin E body butter from the body shop.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    at the risk of being extra gross mine is lumpy too and just yesterday the "scabby" part fell off (well.. it started falling off and I picked the rest off.. TMI I know) anyway I was just thinking I should start putting something on it but have no clue what.  I want to try bio oil but it's pricey and I'm cheap.  so far I've just been using my vitamin E body butter from the body shop.

I think I've been living under a rock, you had a c/s?!

I've been putting lotion on my belly and just started putting Mama Bee oil with Vitamin E on my scar. I got it as a gift and figured it might help with healing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagefmgrice:

imagebabyonthebrain2010:

I think I've been living under a rock, you had a c/s?!

I've been putting lotion on my belly and just started putting Mama Bee oil with Vitamin E on my scar. I got it as a gift and figured it might help with healing.

oh my gosh I saw on the main Dec page that you replied to this thread and I thought the same thing about you!  we are both living under rocks, apparently. 

• Options
    Mine hasn't really bothered me yet but I did just get my Surgi-Stripes taken off yesterday so we'll see if it starts to bother me now. My doctor told me I should get something called Kalecote ( something like that..I don't gave the paper in front of me). It's sold in some pharmacies or online at their website by the same name.
  • Options
    After the surgi-stripes came of the itchiness stopped so I haven't used anything.  Honestly, I am not worried about the appearance of the scar and overall it isn't as bad as I imagined.  OP...I can see how it would be worse the second time around.
  • Options
    Luckily, mine has healed much faster and smoother than the first time. My Ob was totally impressed at my 2 wk appt. She told me not to use anything on it until after the 6 wk appt. I have used a little aveeno lotion around it b/c it was so dry and itchy. Later I will use the target brand mederma.. Worked well last time.

• Options
    Honestly, my stretch marks are way worse than my scar.  My Doc was impressed with my incision recovery but my belly is still all hanging down and the stretch marks are ridiculous.  Please someone say that their tummy still looks like a deflated balloon-and let me know when it goes away!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageLinzee498:
    Honestly, my stretch marks are way worse than my scar.  My Doc was impressed with my incision recovery but my belly is still all hanging down and the stretch marks are ridiculous.  Please someone say that their tummy still looks like a deflated balloon-and let me know when it goes away!  

Mine not only looks like a deflated balloon, it feels like one too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"