Austin Babies
Options

WHAT?!

my parents kept t at their house for the first time. at naptime, my mom decided to take a nap with her. so t was in the pnp and my mom was laying on the couch right by her. um, i don't know about your lo, but THAT DOESN'T WORK WITH OUR KID! we have never done that, so what makes my mom think she could do that?

we write everything down for them, but i guess i have to add 'no other person in room with t during naptime'

so no nap for her and we get a grumpy kid back.

09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image

Re: WHAT?!

• Options

Maybe they read your NYE confession and turned the tables on you? Wink

imageBLONDIE6FT:
    my parents are taking care of t at their house for the first time and i really want her to run them ragged and maybe even break something (we aren't on great terms). i know, i know, shame on me.

In all seriousness, it does annoy me when my mom doesn't stick to the routine we have set out for DS, so I can understand your frustration.

• Options

yeah, grandma's are good at that kind of thing.  My mom watch DD the other night so DH and I could go out.  We called on our way home "oh, she did great, took a bottle and went right to sleep!" 

When we got home, who was up sitting on the floor with my mom in the living room?  Yeah...  My mom actually said, before she left, "well, at least I'm not the one that has to try to get her back to sleep."  Gee, thanks, mom.

It definitely is frustrating, but in all honesty, and at least in my case, what can you say?  I feel like can't complain too much, as we don't get to go out very often sans child (especially for free).  You're also probably more sensitive due to the tension between you and her.

IMG_1749_2
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

you are probably right. i am more sensitive due to our tension.

it just seems like a no brainer that a toddler would be too distracted to nap with another person in the room?

oh well, i am grateful dh and i got to go to lunch and clean the house together :) we party when the kid is gone lol !

• Options
    Ehh, put her to bed early. I've been sick all week, so I've napped while Will napped every day. In the same bed as him. And he's always napped. I'm sure she had no idea her presence would distract her - that's not common sense to people who don't have young children. And did she have a monitor? I'm sure she just wanted to make sure she could hear her if she woke up. Watching a baby is exhausting, especially for someone who doesn't do it on a regular basis!
  • Options

It will always be impossible to anticipate what they might do! You can leave the longest list of notes in the world and not think of the one odd thing they will decide to do.

Sorry!

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    imageKittyFX:

It will always be impossible to anticipate what they might do! You can leave the longest list of notes in the world and not think of the one odd thing they will decide to do.

Dude. Totally. My FIL amazes us all the time :) But he's always available at the drop of a hat so I'm not gonna complain.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

after i reread what i wrote, i realized i failed to mention my parents have cared for her a dozen + times at OUR house. this was just the first time at their house. so i know i kinda sounded hard on them. it wasn't like they were learning how to take care of her--they know. they just ignore what i say.

but like taytee said--i'm glad they are available when i need them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"