Pregnant after a Loss

Poll: month boards

[Poll]
Married 7/19/09
MC 9/8/10
Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Poll: month boards

• SS: Half the time they are great...the other half, the vast amount of stupid FH rainbow-colored-sh!t that gets tossed around there makes me want to tear my hair out. I have a love/hate relationship with them Smile

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I go there, but I'll post here.  Sometimes I feel weird being there because they all seem to have nurseries done, have baby names, registered, planned out every detail and I am still walking on egg shells worried as all heck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • Loading the player...
  • I chatted with them a few times, but I'm scared of miscarrying and having to post it on like, three boards.  So I lay low over there.  I'm much more comfortable over here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedamabo80:
    SS: Half the time they are great...the other half, the vast amount of stupid FH rainbow-colored-sh!t that gets tossed around there makes me want to tear my hair out. I have a love/hate relationship with them Smile

Yessum, couldn't agree more. 

BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagedamabo80:
    SS: Half the time they are great...the other half, the vast amount of stupid FH rainbow-colored-sh!t that gets tossed around there makes me want to tear my hair out. I have a love/hate relationship with them Smile

Yes

• too early to tell. So far they don't seem quite as "speshul" as my month board for the Feb baby we lost...but we'll see. 

I love to snark, so I'll probably get labelled a meanie again.  

• imagekrissymac:

imagedamabo80:

Ditto! Plus there are a couple of ladies over there who like to rule the roost and try to take charge. Taking charge of a bunch of pregnant women is like herding cats!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• imageTeresa1896:
    imagekrissymac:

imagedamabo80:

Ditto! Plus there are a couple of ladies over there who like to rule the roost and try to take charge. Taking charge of a bunch of pregnant women is like herding cats!

Yep yep and yep!
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Quite frankly, I'm not feeling mine yet. There are 43754398675394 girls posting there, and many of which (not all) are dumb.

And lots of "taking charge." GTFO of here with that. 

ETA: meant to write "Not all" instead of "no all"

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

too early to tell. So far they don't seem quite as "speshul" as my month board for the Feb baby we lost...but we'll see. 

Yeah, the Feb board is something special.  Good for entertainment purposes, but most of them aren't quite all there mentally, I think.  Plus, it's home to the infamous Wilma.  I read the posts, but don't post/respond much over there. 

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

too early to tell. So far they don't seem quite as "speshul" as my month board for the Feb baby we lost...but we'll see. 

Yeah, the Feb board is something special.  Good for entertainment purposes, but most of them aren't quite all there mentally, I think.  Plus, it's home to the infamous Wilma.  I read the posts, but don't post/respond much over there. 

I was blocked for the first time ever in my knot/nest/bump history by some danigirl poster. I can't even remember what was said, but I know it wasn't even that bad. I was labeled a "1st tri meanie". Which only made me ask for a badge.  

• I like mine more than I thought I would. Somehow, April only ended up with a handful of dopes. There are a fair number of snarky chicks who dealt w/ IF and loss, and most of the rest of them are open to flaming when deserved.

I wish there was more response to loss posts (as I said last week), and that's a big complaint, but otherwise I don't mind it.

It is nice to talk to people at the same stage of things. I've never been this pregnant before, so its a good resource.

Of course, no BMB can touch PGAL and TTCAL for cool chicks. That goes without saying.

• imagekathymarie:

Quite frankly, I'm not feeling mine yet. There are 43754398675394 girls posting there, and many of which (no all) are dumb.

And lots of "taking charge." GTFO of here with that. 

I will say, that calmed down as we got further along. The newbies learned a bit more about Bump dynamics, and the dumb_ass deli meat kind of questions taper off.

The weight gain questions remain annoying, but you have to get Zen about those.

• imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

I was blocked for the first time ever in my knot/nest/bump history by some danigirl poster. I can't even remember what was said, but I know it wasn't even that bad. I was labeled a "1st tri meanie". Which only made me ask for a badge.  

I remember that.  That was hilarious. 

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTeresa1896:
    imagekrissymac:

imagedamabo80:

I agree with all of this, and this just cracked me up!

• imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

I remember that.  That was hilarious. 

I went back to look. LOL. It wasn't even because we were "mean" to her! We were "mean" to someone else, on the 1st tri board. And mean=honest. The girl posted about her baby daddy cheating on her, and how she went nuts on the mistress. (like sent a nasty letter and black roses to her work and crap like that). She got pissed off because we called her crazy. Which she was.

And I still laugh that people think I'm mean. Sure, I can bring the snark from time to time, but I am very far from being mean.  

• I think I really lucked out with my birth month board. It wasn't snarky at all. There were quite a few ladies from here which was nice but overall the Jan 2011 board is almost as awesome as here! It was a breath o fresh air compared to so many other nest/bump boards
  • I like it sometimes.  But then I get overwhelmed by the stupidity of the posts about false positives with nt scans and how you don't need one if you are low risk. 
    I don't think everyone has to get one.  To each their own.  But damn, can they just stop talking about it if they don't know what they are talking about????
    Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"