Breastfeeding

mastitis/breast infection

If you've had mastits, did your OB want to see you, or did they call in an Rx antibiotic when you described your symptoms? I'm pretty sure I've got it. I hve the red line, swollen red, tender area of the breast, pain, and low fever. I've nursed and pumped like crazy today and it hasn't helped. I'm hoping if I call my OB she'll give me an Rx without making me wait until Monday to see her, or tellingme to go to the hospital.

Re: mastitis/breast infection

• Hopefully she'll just call it in for you since you have all the classic sypmtoms. If she doesn't, I'd go to the ER cause it can get really bad!  I think it depends on the Dr. 
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • My doctor made me come in, but I was able to get there same day. I would not wait until Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • My midwife did not have me come in, she called in an antibiotic and Diflucan (to prevent a yeast infection/thrush from the antibiotic).  Hope you feel better soon, mastitis sucks!
  • I called my MW at 6pm and she called my rx in right away b/c she said it couldn't wait until morning...this was Wednesday and I'm feeling better (although still slightly lumping after nursing/pumping ever 2 hrs). HTH!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • They made me come in both times just to make sure I didn't have an abcess(sp?). I hope you feel better soon! I know it hurts Crying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"