Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else's LO hate bath time?

Anyone else's LO hate bath time? Anytime we give him a bath he screams his head off and stomps his foot. We definitely have to make bath time fast as he is screaming his head off. We make sure the water is plenty warm, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make bath time not so miserable on all of us?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone else's LO hate bath time?

• My LO HATED baths at first also.  Now I know she likes the water a bit warmer than what I think is a good temp (it feels a tad too warm to me, but any cooler and she screams).  Putting her on one of the sponge supports and laying a warm rag over her tummy to thighs helped also.  Now she likes being completely in the water - as long as it's warm! :)  Talking to her and keeping my face close to her during it helped also.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • no. he screams when we take him out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto on the warmer water.... DS screamed the entire time the first few baths so I started filling the big tub and getting in with him. That made a huge difference and now we can bathe him in his tub and he borderline actually enjoys it! I think getting in with him made him more comfortable with the water and used to it.
  • He didn't like it at first, then I realized the water was too cold.  I give him the same water temp I would give myself - I also make sure to cover up his exposed body with a warm wet wash cloth to keep him nice and warm.  Now he loves bath time.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He'll probably like it more when he's around 2 months.  That's how are dd was too until then and I read in a book that they will like it more around 2 months and it was true for us.
  • DD just recently started liking bath time. I was actually taking a bath and she was watching me while sitting in her bouncer and I decided to take her in with me, I put her inch by inch to avoid the scream/foot stomping that you describe but by the time she was totally in she was loving it. When she takes baths by herself now I make sure the water is very warm and keep her onseie on until it's time to clean that part so she doesn't get cold. Give it time, I thought bath time would be doomed forever by the way she loathed it in the beginning butthey grow out of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS hates baths so we are still sponge bathing him. The weird thing is that when we wash his hair he LOVES the water from the faucet running over his head. He gets so calm and relaxed!
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • imageDiva416:
    My LO HATED baths at first also.  Now I know she likes the water a bit warmer than what I think is a good temp (it feels a tad too warm to me, but any cooler and she screams).  Putting her on one of the sponge supports and laying a warm rag over her tummy to thighs helped also.  Now she likes being completely in the water - as long as it's warm! :)  Talking to her and keeping my face close to her during it helped also.
    She likes it warmer & loves the sponge. Thank god for the bath sponge. Now she loves the bath and cries when she gets out. GL
  • Our DS hated the first one I gave him because the water was too cold and I cried while bathing him because I felt so bad. The following baths were a lot better and now he loves them!  Make sure the water is warm, what you might think is hot is a good temp, and make sure the room is warm.  We get everything ready and have a heater running in the bathroom to make sure our LO doesn't get a chill.  We have one of those Summer Spas and when the shower part worked he liked sticking out his tongue trying to catch the water and getting sprayed down with it.

Good luck! Your LO will eventually like bath time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"