Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Question from 3rd Tri RE: Diaper changes at night

Hi Ladies

Do you do diaper changes before, in the middle or after feedings generally at night. 

I am thinking before so that LO wakes up a bit and then if they go again during, just add another change?

TIA

Re: Question from 3rd Tri RE: Diaper changes at night

• Generally speaking I always change the diaper before a feeding, no matter what time of day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually don't change LO at night at all unless she pooped. But when I did, I did it before I fed her so she'd fall back asleep easier.
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to have to change her before and after feedings when she was tiny. But I had a pooping machine for a baby.  It kind of sucked because she'd fall asleep when nursing, but then wake up during the diaper change. I think she stopped pooping every time sometime around 3 months.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I do it in the middle. i feed him about 2-3 oz, then burp and change him then feed him the remainder 3 oz.  and by then he's pretty much asleep again.  If i do it at the begining, he will scream cus he's hungry, if i do it at the end, i feel he's that much more awake.
  • I change her between boobs.  It wakes her up just enough to finish eating.  I just turn on a lamp near the changing table, and I don't talk to her or anything (unlike daytime, when I narrate the whole thing!).
  • In the beginning I would change before, so he would fall asleep again during the feeding, but he would always poop after and then scream and it pretty much defeated the purpose.  Now I only change him 1x at night, usually after the 3 am time- which means he is up for awhile after.  Currently we are working on this...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Before, so she will go back to sleep easily.
  • imageTassie'sfirst:
    I do it in the middle. i feed him about 2-3 oz, then burp and change him then feed him the remainder 3 oz.  and by then he's pretty much asleep again.  If i do it at the begining, he will scream cus he's hungry, if i do it at the end, i feel he's that much more awake.
    This!
  • I always have to do it after because LO very commonly poos while she is feeding.  At night I only change her if she does actually poo.
  • imagemsimecek:
    I change her between boobs.  It wakes her up just enough to finish eating.  I just turn on a lamp near the changing table, and I don't talk to her or anything (unlike daytime, when I narrate the whole thing!).

This for me too.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    a little bit of life : A blog about the life of a working, crafting, adventuring family of 4.
  • We always do before.

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagearibs2010:
    Before, so she will go back to sleep easily.
    Ditto
  • we used to do before, now we do after since LO has decided that eating=poopy time. I was having to change diapers before and after and interrupting our sleep wasn't fun.

You just have to see what your baby does. There isn't a right or wrong answer, just as long as it gets done.

• imagemsimecek:
    I change her between boobs.  It wakes her up just enough to finish eating.  I just turn on a lamp near the changing table, and I don't talk to her or anything (unlike daytime, when I narrate the whole thing!).

This exactly!

• We do (well, did) before at night. And also before at the feeding just before bedtime. That way we don't wake them up after their feeding. Every other feed we change them after.
  • always before, never after...unless she poops
  • I do it at all different times. Try to do it before, but most of the time the kid is screaming. Cant do it inbetween because he has panic attacks once i take the bottle if he hasnt gotten his 6oz. Try to do it after, even though it wakes him up and then its playtime at 1am :( If i dont change him overnight, he will pee through the diapers while hes alseep, and onto my sheets, which i personally dont like waking up in a pee pee puddle. (happens too often that i dont even "try to make it" anymore. I just suffer with 45 mins of playtime untill i can get him to calm down.)

Santas little helper!

• Before. I only change after if I hear and feel him poop while he is eating. He goes to sleep a lot quicker and easier if he eats and isn't disrupted with a diaper change.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"