Babies on the Brain
Options

I did not get my Keurig

Because my husband is a doodoohead and convinced me that one cup of coffee at a time isn't useful for us.  He is wrong, but he convinced me while we were at the store.  Boo.

But it is okay.  I have drowned my sorrows by purchasing some Turkish coffee and a pretty ibrik from Amazon.  I think someone (was it Aka?) mentioned Turkish coffee in a thread and now I'm craving it.

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

Re: I did not get my Keurig

• Options

So did you get a new coffee maker at all?  I was going to recommend keurig, but everyone else did it for me.

I've never had turkish coffee.  I'll have to see if they sell it in k-cups.

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options

::grins::

I love it.

Edit- Mel, Turkish coffee is more about how you make it (though you do want to use really good coffee.) Very finely ground beans, there is a tiny little sauce pan you use on the stove, bring the water to a boil with the grounds in it. It's poured into these tiny cups, where the grounds settle at the bottom. After you drink off the coffee (expresso, really) you flip your cup over onto the saucer and see what designs the grounds make on the sides of the cup. It's a lot of fun when you're with a group of friends.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

tell doodoohead that the Keurig can make 10 single cups of coffee in the same amount of time a regular pot can brew a half pot of coffee so there is no way it can not be useful to you even doing one cup at a time.

Stick out tongue 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebuckin:

tell doodoohead that the Keurig can make 10 single cups of coffee in the same amount of time a regular pot can brew a half pot of coffee so there is no way it can not be useful to you even doing one cup at a time.

Stick out tongue 

Yeah, I made a pretty big deal about how long it took our Hamilton Beach to brew a cup tonight.  Stick out tongue

I'm pretty sure there will be a Keurig here before the end of January.  He'll be convinced when we discuss it more.  Right now my only sticking point is that the selection of the Kcups at the local stores is really thin - I'm hoping that's because everyone got a Keurig for Christmas.

• Options
    imageakalutts:

I love it.

Edit- Mel, Turkish coffee is more about how you make it (though you do want to use really good coffee.) Very finely ground beans, there is a tiny little sauce pan you use on the stove, bring the water to a boil with the grounds in it. It's poured into these tiny cups, where the grounds settle at the bottom. After you drink off the coffee (expresso, really) you flip your cup over onto the saucer and see what designs the grounds make on the sides of the cup. It's a lot of fun when you're with a group of friends.

Oh...so it doesn't come in k cups?  j/k.  Stick out tongue

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Everywhere is sold out of the k-cups around here.  Do you have a Meijer there?  They had the best selection out of my local stores.
  • Options
    imageMelaneigh:
    imageakalutts:

I love it.

Oh...so it doesn't come in k cups?  j/k.  Stick out tongue

lol, it might :P

• Options

imageDNK777:
    Everywhere is sold out of the k-cups around here.  Do you have a Meijer there?  They had the best selection out of my local stores.

No Meijer, I don't think I've heard of it.

Our selection at Wal Mart included Breakfast Blend and Donut House Decaf.  Ick.  Target had those plus one other kind, and hot cocoa.  I think when I find someplace that has all kinds of wonderful selection, I'll get my Keurig.

• Options
    imageJenniferJaneC:
    imagebuckin:

Stick out tongue 

Yeah, I made a pretty big deal about how long it took our Hamilton Beach to brew a cup tonight.  Stick out tongue

I'm pretty sure there will be a Keurig here before the end of January.  He'll be convinced when we discuss it more.  Right now my only sticking point is that the selection of the Kcups at the local stores is really thin - I'm hoping that's because everyone got a Keurig for Christmas.

Oh. mah. gawd.  It is.  As you may know, I work at a department store that I hate with every fiber of my being, mmkay?  And Keurig's sold like crazycakes.  I swear if I have to answer another question about one, or recommend some coffee, I'm going to tell people they suck and to buy a Mr. Coffee and some folgers and get out of my face.

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options

I got one for Christmas.  Well technically it was for my birthday, but I don't visit my mom very often.  I think it was the Tickle Me Elmo or whatever is the it toy nowadays version for adults.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"