2nd Trimester
Options

Moms of Outside Boys - I need you :)

All my IRL friends have girls so mine will be the first boy of the bunch.  And because they are all girls, I have zero experience with boys!!  I have to admit I'm the tiniest bit nervous right now!  Don't get me wrong - I already love this kid more than life itself.  I just don't know what to expect with him!

So tell me, what's it like to have a little boy running around the house?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of Outside Boys - I need you :)

• Options

Boys are just so much fun! They are wild and sweet all wrapped into one. DS will jump off of anything - way-too-high-steps, couch, bed, whatever with a fearless look in his eye and stop my heart. He's full of ideas and curiosity, loves all things tools and cars related and will play outside all day and night long if I'd let him. At the same time he'll call for me a million times at night for one more kiss, another book, or another night light turned on.

His sweetness is simply beyond compare though. The other night when leaving with my parents for a sleepover he turned and said to me "Goodbye my pretty girl" It really doesn't get much better than that. 

• Options
    Fabulous! I love little boys (I run an in home daycare and have all boys here during the day).  I love how DS loves his trains, cars, football, but I especially love how he is so attached to me and gives me kisses and calls me "My Momma".  You will love it!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Amazing! Start the hot wheels and thomas the train collections now!

I have all sisters and all girl cousins, so I was in the same boat as you...

I have the most active boy in town (so says the day care teacher), so I do a lot of running around. Not all babies/toddlers are like that though. 

Have you heard or experienced diaper blow-outs? Girls get poo blowing out both sides of the diaper, boys only blow-out the back side! Definite plus. Dealing with a baby penis isn't as bad or scary as I thought it would be. In my experience, boys are easier to wipe too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't know you found out already!  Congrats on your boy!

My nephew is super fun although he wears me out!  He likes to play "race track" which means running in a circle in their mostly empty rec room.  And he wants you do to this with him.  And he never naps.  He loves to play in the dirt, and with race cars and monster trucks, despite BIL & sis never pushing this on him. 

Good luck and have fun!

• Options

In a few words Never a dull moment here.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejteneback:

I didn't know you found out already!  Congrats on your boy!

My nephew is super fun although he wears me out!  He likes to play "race track" which means running in a circle in their mostly empty rec room.  And he wants you do to this with him.  And he never naps.  He loves to play in the dirt, and with race cars and monster trucks, despite BIL & sis never pushing this on him. 

Good luck and have fun!

Yep, we just found out yesterday :)  Had our anatomy scan and he is perfectly healthy!!  We are so excited!!

And you all are bringing tears to my eyes :)  Your sons sound so sweet!  I can't wait.

• Options
    Boys are so much fun and oh so sweet with mom! I adore my DS and the older he has gotten the sweeter he is and the sports... Oh man I love football... He has played the last 3 years and made it to 3 superbowls and won 2... Things are so simple with him. Whatever i buy he wears. As a baby he was a rough little chunkster. He was a running tornado and broke everything he got a hold of... Just watch out while changing that diaper... 
  • Options

I joke and say DS's middle name should be Destruction! He is FULL of energy, never sits still unless he is eating or sleeping, also full of curiosity. He climbs on everything, including into the oven, I told DH that I would not be surprised if he had to get stitches by 18mo ( I obviously keep a close eye on him but he is really fast!)

But like PP's mentioned my DS Is also extremely sweet, my love bug. He gives lots of hugs and kisses. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's pure awesomeness!  I too am the only one in my friend AND family circle w/boys (and now a girl on the way).  My two boys are so adorable, they love me so much.  They completely favor me over their daddy right now.  They constantly hug and kiss and cuddle me, i'm the one they run too when they are hurt, scared, happy, sad, etc.  SUCH mama's boys.  They are so protective too- they're only 3 and 5 and already willing to fight my battles and jump in the ring for me.  I'm sure they will change to "big boys" and "men" when they're a bit older, then they'll favor my DH 'cuz he too is a man, but right now, they are amazing and so loving.

What I see that is different in boys vs. the girls in the family, are that boys are louder, more tough n' tumble, have shorter attention spans, and are much more needier- they have a tough time playing by themselves and need each other or adult attention.  The girls I know are quiet, good listeners, and are content to play princesses or tea party in the corner by themselves.  These are obvious stereotypes, but in my life, and with the girls I know, they are totally true stereotypes!

• Options

My DS is so wonderful.  He will be a great big brother.  He is definitely cautious, he doesn't take risks which I know is not typical boy behavior.  I love it though.  He is obsessed with anything that has wheels.  I highly recommend Craigs List for all your Thomas the train needs.  

The only things for a newborn is point the penis down during diaper changes.  We could not figure out why he was peeing on his shirts but then we realized it needs to face down to hit the diaper.  Also do your own research and don't let anyone talk you into circumcising or not.  It's definitely a decision that you and your DH have to make together.  

Have fun.  I love my little boy.  He hugged my legs the other day and said " I loooove you soooo much" Melted my heart. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

wild, crazy, climbing, non-stop, but loveable, sweet, and cuddly.

Mine turned 3 today and he's showing his true terrible three colors.  Maybe this isn't a good post for me to respond to today :) 

• Options

Oh, man...So much to tell on this subject :)

I was also the first boy of my circle of friends so I know where you are coming from. Plus, I only ever had a little sister so while PG with DS #1 (this LO is also a boy. yay!) I told DH that I had no idea what to do with a boy.LOL.  My friends and I all get together and I used to have to always to remind LO to play a little more gently with the little girls than he does with his boy cousin, for example no tackling. My little boy is sooo full of energy all of the time. He is already into snakes, alligators, and sharks. Cobras are his favorite snakes! He is so incredibly affectionate. I love it and enjoy it while I can because as he gets older, I am sure that will change since he *might* not want to hug and kiss his Momma so much anymore :) He is so, so sweet, too! Lawson has recently gotten into all the super heros and loves to play Iron Man. They are just SO much fun!

Also, I just love the way he tells me " I wuve you so much Mommy" and "Sweet Dreams" beofre bedtime.

• Options
    To say the least, it's a blast. If you like to be rough and tumble and laugh a whole lot, you will LOVE having a little boy. My SS is 3 and he is on the go, curious, funny, charming, sweet, sensitive, and rough and tumble. He loves asking questions and being outside. :) He loves cars, trains, blocks, tools, anything he can step on (haha) and is really into Buzz Lightyear right now. :) You will love it!
  • Options

It's amazing!  Boys are tons of fun.  I will admit that I don't get much rest because he is super active all.the.time. but it's totally worth it.  Plus, he is 100% a momma's boy so I get lots of hugs and kisses Big Smile  I am hoping this one is a boy, too!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, you guys are getting me even more excited for this little guy!!  It sounds just awesome :)
  • Options
    Much easier than having a little girl running around the house Smile atleast for me. My daughter is my first so she was very spoiled until her first brother came along. This being said, she always has to have her way and dominates every situation with her brother. I love her a ton but she is a total handful and has my husband wrapped around his finger. My son listens very well and is mild mannered. I suppose your experience will really just depend on your child's personality.
  • Options

Oh yayyyyy! Congrats on the boy!!!!

I'll be honest, the first time I was pregnant I felt just like you. I wanted a little girl because I knew how to play with little girls and knew what they liked and oh man I wanted to shop for a girl.

My son is seriously the best freaking thing ever. I love him so much! and you learn so fast to love things like cars and blocks and (i'm sure I have much more to learn too!) boy clothes... I don't even see girl stuff anymore, it's not even on my radar. I even want ANOTHER boy and this is our last baby. I would feel so complete and happy just to have sons. 

I haven't really gotten to the running/jumping/climbing trees phase but my little boy is into EVERYTHING already. I wouldn't trade him for a zillion little girls! 

Congrats! You're going to have so much fun and your friends are all going to be so jealous! 

ETA: Little girls are great too I'm sure. Stick out tongue

• Options
    Boys are the best! DS holds my heart in his hands. He is a wild one though, curious about everything, and brave as could be. But, I think its more fun that way. He is the cuddliest little thing though. I use to put my arm around his neck, but recently he likes to put his around me and just sit like its the most normal thing in the world. He also likes it when I lay my head on his lap so he can rub my head. It is amazing, I love my mommy's boy! Congrats on your little guy!
    Mom to 2 healthy boys, and a baby girl in Heaven. Heard her heartbeat on 7/18, heartbeat was gone on 7/20. Miss you forever.
  • Options

All I can say is NON-STOP.

But I always pictured myself having a girl and was terrified when I found out he was a boy. Now that I have him I cannot picture myself with a girl to save my life. I'm so scared if I have a girl this time!!! 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am a reformed "girlie girl" and having a boy is great!!!! Pee pee care is difficult sometimes and the dangerous stunts my son pulled scare me to death but I can't imagine having  girl first
  • Options
    imageMG7:

Boys are just so much fun! They are wild and sweet all wrapped into one. DS will jump off of anything - way-too-high-steps, couch, bed, whatever with a fearless look in his eye and stop my heart. He's full of ideas and curiosity, loves all things tools and cars related and will play outside all day and night long if I'd let him. At the same time he'll call for me a million times at night for one more kiss, another book, or another night light turned on.

His sweetness is simply beyond compare though. The other night when leaving with my parents for a sleepover he turned and said to me "Goodbye my pretty girl" It really doesn't get much better than that. 

This is perfectly said. I could have written this word for word. Funny, this morning DS said "morning pretty mommy." Crazy, wild, super sweet and nerve wracking all in one. I have 3 friends that each have 3 kids. The boys came last for all of them and they all say that if the boy came first, they probably wouldn't have 3. I never thought my kids would be 3 years apart but I couldn't handle pregnancy last year. DS just doesn't stop unless he is sleeping. I've also noticed with DS and my friends kids that boys don't play as well by themselves as girls. Not trying to over generalize but that is my experience.

Congrats to you. Boys and their moms, its just wonderful. 

• Options
    I grew up as the only girl with three brothers, so the whole boy thing is second nature to me.  DS is non-stop! People always comment on how active, yet gentle and sweet he is.  He is already running and he is just a little over 1 yr old. He chipped his front tooth already (yikes!) and has given me a million "heart attacks." lol. But he is the LOVE of my life! He is so sweet and charming. He blows kisses and melts my heart. He is so much fun that I swear, we giggle together most of the day. Little boys are the best! We are expecting another DS and wouldn't trade it for the world. It is funny b/c I used to dream about having little girls in pink and lace....however, all I dream about now is mini man clothes. I love dressing him up like a little man! It is so cute! Little boys are so sweet! Good luck! Get ready for legos and trucks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"