December 2010 Moms

*BOTB*

I have a bad habit of hi-jacking threads and figured I should ask here instead..

What's your c/s story, I guess I missed it?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: *BOTB*

• okay I'm going to tryyy to make a very long story short.

LO was breech.  my doctor didn't realize it because she felt his "head" pressing down on my cervix during my first internal at week 36 and we just assumed everything as progressing normally.. well at my 38 week appointment my instincts told me to ask her how she *knew* that was his head because I swore that his head had been lodged in my ribs for the last 3 months and everybody just kept telling me it was his butt.. anyway she sent me in for an u/s and sure enough he was frank breech.. he had been the entire time, it was his bony little bottom pushing on my cervix which is why I now affectionately call him butthead :)

anyway she told me we would do another u/s when I was 39 weeks and if he was still breech we could schedule a c-section or attempt a version.. which even if it worked would mean an immediate induction and I was afraid it would end in a c-section anyway because I have pelvis issues.. I think I posted no fewer than 5 threads about which I should chose and how I couldn't decide haha. ANYWAY I again trusted my instincts and decided on the scheduled section for 39w1d and I am SO glad I did because he was so completely lodged under my ribs with his feet by his ears that it took the doctor what felt like a good 5 minutes to pull him from his comfortable spot. she said there is no way a version would have worked.

honestly as terrified as I was of a c-section I had an amazing experience.  I really love my doctor and I think she did a great job and made me feel totally at ease and I'm actually kinda happy to know that my future pregnancies will result in planned c-sections as well because it was just such a surreal, amazing experience.  recovery has been "a breeze" for me, as well.. not to brag or anything haha.

your turn!! don't leave out any of the details, either!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, I completely missed all of that. I'm such a bad bumpie! I was MIA for a while after Ava was born with recovering and trying to figure out BF-ing. I knew you had Ezra at least from FB :-)

So here's my story..

In the AM on 12/10 I was taking a shower and felt something down there, I thought it could be my water but it wasn't very big or dramatic. I looked down and my feet were in a puddle of bright red blood. It totally freaked me out. I got out ASAP and called the doctor. The doctor said to head into L&D to see what was going on. When I got there and was checked there was WAY more blood and clots. The doctors suspected my placenta was abrupting.

Right when I heard those words, I knew what it meant.. holy shiit my baby is in danger and stat c-section. The doctors came in and confirmed, we would be going back as soon as possible to get her out. She looked great on the monitors and was tumbling all about in there so there weren't any concerns about her being in distress.We just didn't know how long before my placenta would completely detach.

Side story.. on my way to the hospital I ate a granola bar. I didn't want to be the girl who didn't have anything to eat that morning if I was in labor so I grabbed a snack. Well, this meant that with a stat c-section, they wouldn't give me an epidural or spinal, I was going under general anesthesia, another holy shiit.

They took my into the OR and the last thing I remember was being spread out on the table like a frog being dissected in science class, getting the catheter inserted and crying my eyes out and then waking up to my H saying "she's beautiful!" He couldn't come into the OR because of the general, but he was there as they wheeled me out to recovery. 

We got to the hospital around 7:30 and Ava Katherine was born at 9:54, 6 lbs 10 oz, 19.75" long.

A c-section was the absolute last thing I thought I would have. I wanted to try med-free and ended up completely opposite. I still wonder if I could have done it and sometimes feel like I wasn't ready to be done with the pregnancy because it all happened SO fast. I feel like I didn't have one last minute to enjoy her being in there or a moment to say "goodbye" to being pregnant if that makes sense.

Recovery has been pretty easy for me too, woohoo! I try to think about the up-side to all of it in that she's here & healthy and another pregnancy would either be planned c/s or I could try for a VBAC and my lady bits remained intact with the c/s :-)

So, that was long, but you asked for details!

• Loading the player...
  • oh my gosh that sounds terrifying!  I'm sorry you had to go through all of that!  and I understand what you mean about  not being able to say goodbye to being pregnant!  that would be crazy to have it all be done with so fast and not even have a real memory of it :(  but we have our healthy babies at that's what's really important, right?  that and the no "downstairs" trauma haha.
  • ::butting in:: I'm so sorry to hi-jack this thread, I just want to say I'm glad to hear of other ladies that ended up with unplanned c/sections cuz I did too. My water broke at home, went to hospital contracting every 1-2 minutes, got my epidural, was complete and pushing in 5 hours and then LO's heartrate started going down so I was rushed to the OR. I never would of thought I would end up with a c/s. I know what you mean about it all happening so fast. I was kinda bummed at first about not getting to push my baby out but hey, she's just perfect and that's all that matters, right?
  • imageCymarkus:
    ::butting in:: I'm so sorry to hi-jack this thread, I just want to say I'm glad to hear of other ladies that ended up with unplanned c/sections cuz I did too. My water broke at home, went to hospital contracting every 1-2 minutes, got my epidural, was complete and pushing in 5 hours and then LO's heartrate started going down so I was rushed to the OR. I never would of thought I would end up with a c/s. I know what you mean about it all happening so fast. I was kinda bummed at first about not getting to push my baby out but hey, she's just perfect and that's all that matters, right?

Right!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"