Breastfeeding

EPers: STTN

So DS has been STTN for the last few weeks and I have been getting up to pump. So last night I missed my alarm to wake up to pump. And I thought this will tell me how it is if I don't pump in the middle of the night. So at 6am, I had to pump twice as long and lost 2 oz. Somedays losing 2 oz won't be bad, but others it will.

Now I have to decide if uniterrupted sleep is worth 2 oz when it takes me 10 minutes to pump in the middle of the night?

DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz

Re: EPers: STTN

• That stinks that skipping one sessions made you lose 2oz.  I thought that you really wouldn't see the effects of skipping a session for a few days.  I actually have the opposite problem.  If I skip a session I get overly full and it is painful.  I also have to pump twice as long after skipping but I usually get close to twice as much out.  Are you only pumping 10 mins at every session?  Maybe you could up your pumping time at your other sessions to try to up your supply to make up for what you are losing at night? 
  • I bought a book on Amazon called Exclusively pumping breast milk. It has been a huge help! The author says you should pump 120min/day, so 15 min 8x/day, and increase the length of each pumping session when you drop one. I'm pumping or BF 7x/day and I get about 20oz a day for my freezer stash.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Like PP said, i would definitely increase the time it takes to pump.Then maybe you will get another let down and get that 2 oz back.  I currently only pump 3x a day for 20-30 each time. When I was pumping more times a day I was pumping less minutes per session.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"