Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

does anyone have home remedies for cough/congestion?

I feel like I've tried everything, and I seem to be getting worse. I got a Z-pack today, so hopefully that will help. I've used saline spray, hot packs on my sinuses, hot tea, plenty of fluids, vitamins, humidifier and Vicks Vapo Rub. 

Any other suggestions? I'm PG, so not taking any drugs beyond category B (which seems to be all of them).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: does anyone have home remedies for cough/congestion?

• I have friends that swear by Vick VapoRub on their feet - slather it on, cover with socks, and enjoy.  Or something like that Stick out tongue

Haven't had the need (or desperation) to try it - so I won't say it works ... but might be worth a try!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sick and pg too.  My dr has plain Sudafed and plaid Benadryl on the list of what I can take so I've been doing that plus oj or hot tea with honey.  The honey has really be helping with the sore throat.  DD is getting sick too (plus teething) so I've been giving her warm water with honey mixed in a couple of times a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • My dr also has cough drops on the safe list.
  • You sound like me. I just started on the Z pack yesterday and already feel so much better, so you probably will soon, too. I just have a bit of a cough, but nothing compared to what it was. I also am pregnant and have been okayed for Sudafed. Feel better!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • We do a spoonful of honey for sore throats.  I also put honey in lemon tea. 

Also for the sinus stuff, boil a pot of water and pour it into a bowl, add a drop or two of tea tree oil, lean over the bowl with a towel over your head.  You may look silly, but the steam will help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You can take Robitussin for cough, its on the 'approved list'.  Vicks and have you tried a neti pot?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"