Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What do you do with extra/wrong size diapers??

So, I have quite a few diapers that either didn't work for C or are too small now. What do you do with diapers if you have extra? I was thinking of donating them to a daycare or something of the sort, but not sure if they would take open packages. What have you done if you had extra? I don't want to throw them out.

Re: What do you do with extra/wrong size diapers??

• I'm just lucky that I have a good girlfriend who is having her baby any day now...I give them to her :)
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loving the pig hat btw!

LilBit did this for me in 0-3. Ashton grew out of his (before we switched to cloth) so she sent me the rest of the package. 

Perhaps send them to another bumpie? :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just saved mine and made a diaper cake for the next friend who got pregnant.
  • I would put them in a bag in a closet until you know someone who needs them. are there any shelters? maybe put them on the free section of craigslist?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I put them on my cat Wink

j/k I give them away to any friends that are pregnant or have babies that will fit them.

• I donated mine to a maternity home in my town. They were so grateful for them. I totally felt awesome about it.
    Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hmm I'm surprised to see no one said they'd save it for the next kid. DD is our first and definitely not our last. I have about 2 cases of size 1's and 2 cases of size 2's she's outgrown. I got awesome deals on Amazon so I stocked up. We're storing them until our next LO.

• I donate mine to the women's shelter. 

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All great ideas ladies. Thanks!

OBH - thanks! She's my little piggy!

KatieLoretta - Mainly size 1's (mostly if not all Huggies) and I have size 3's in LUVs.

• I do have a good girlfriend who is pregnant, so I should see if she would want them. I know I would have loved a diaper hand-me down when I was pregnant haha.
  • I have a friend who has a baby a couple months younger than DD.  I send them to her.

But I'm sure there are groups you can donate them to!

• I post them on Free Cycle and they go really quick.

I have extras now and I'm going to email the lady that took the first round to see if she can use them. She's right down the street from me and was laid off and things are tight.

• We CD but we used sposies for the first week so I have some NB diapers (maybe 20) left over. I also bought a pack of size 1s for back ups. I used like 5 of them so I have about 30 left there. I bought size 2 too, but I haven't opened it yet. If I don't use them, I'll stop buying. But- I plan to save the unused for a future kiddo.

We were gifted a huge box of size 1 Pampers. I opened it thinking there was something else in there, so then I couldn't return it. I am going to give it to a friend who is pregnant. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • i had a whole pack of size 2's, i gave them to the food bank. they're always looking for diapers & formula.  And i just couldn't imagine knowing a baby was sitting in a soiled diaper becuase their parents don't have money for more. or the formula having to be water down to last longer. 

• We had tons of different brands.  I gave them to my girlfriend who had a baby and kept a handful of each to try with our next baby, so we didn't have to go through the process of buying a bunch of different types to see what works best.
  • Right now I'm saving for the next kid, although it probably won't be for a few years. If I weren't doing that, I'd definitely be giving to a women's shelter or something similar. I remember seeing a statistic that 1 in 4 families say that they struggle to afford diapers. DH and I make good money and even we can't believe how expensive they are.
  • I have a few friends who are pregnant so I plan on giving all the extra diapers to them.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Donate them to the daycare center where I used to work. 
  • I gave a bunch of NB size diapers to my cousin who's due in March. But I think when my LO gets out of the 1's I will give them to a friend of a friend- she's having a girl in March as well but she has very little so I want to help out if I can. Gives me a good excuse to clean out my LO's room- from the shower, gifts, and things I bought she has tons of things that we didn't use!
  • I will see if my friend who just had a baby needs them.  But otherwise I have a box of unopened baby supplies (shampoo, lotion, blankets, etc) and random sized diapers that I want to donate to a women and kids shelter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"