Pregnant after a Loss

Really Cleo Belle? (furbaby related)

That would be my cat.  I should preface this with the fact that I have never really bought into the animals love you more when you're KU.

Cleo is 2 and I've had her since she was 3 weeks old (even bottle fed her).  She was abandoned/feral, so she has some minor socialization issues.  She knows I am her mama though and always has to be in the same room as me (except when she is chasing her brother right after she eats in the morning).  Although she is never more than 10 feet away, she is not a cuddler.  She sleeps at the foot of my bed, but makes sure we are NOT touching.  She never sits on my lap but if I am on the couch she will sit at the opposite end.

So yesterday and today when I laid down the sectional to watch TV, she cuddled up to me. She snuggled right in the bend of my hips.  Earlier today I took a nap on the couch, and right before I dozed I pulled her under the blanket and put her on my chest so I could pet her.  She would normally run off within 5 minutes, but no, I woke up an hour later and she was still there!!

Her brother is not behaving any differently (well he may be acting a little crazier as he found some way to get on top of our staircase door today Hmm)

So are your animals behaving differently towards you?

Re: Really Cleo Belle? (furbaby related)

• My furbaby, Hector the Dog, wants to cuddle closer than ever.  He's a small dog, about 15 lbs, and a lot of nights he lays across my lap and belly while I'm watching tv.  Or tries to crawl inside my hoodie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're having some behavioral issues with our cats.  I suspect it's our older cat Sampson, he peed all over our sectional some time last week.  DH discovered it last Sunday and was not happy. 

Sampson has also been super up my butt which is not his MO.  He begs to sit on my lap while I'm working at my desk during the day (I work form home).  I oblige but God forbid I don't position my legs the correct way for his optimal comfort.

• Loading the player...
  • We had an issue with Cleo peeing everywhere except her box in June/July.  It turns out it was a UTI.  If he keeps doing it you can check with your vet.  If you have more than 1 cat and they aren't gettting along and think that could be the problem, there's a phermone plug in you can get at Petsmart that seemed to help with our 2.
  • Both my dogs are mega cuddlers.  But Ziggy puts his head right where the babies are right now, it's kinda creepy sounding but it's sweet.  He lays between my legs and puts his head low on my pelvis! So cute.  I wonder if he'll move up as my ute does!?
    BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ::::::::::Butting in::::::::::::::

You have a cat named Cleo Belle?  I have a cat named Cleo Belle!  Whoa!  Mine is a bit older than yours - she just turned 7 (I think.....7 sounds right....I can't remember how old I am half the time, so please don't expect me to know how old my cats are for sure.  I think she was born in 2003 though, since that was the year I got my new car after my car was totaled by a reckless driver, so that would make her 7). 

What's even crazier is I have a cat named Ellie Jean who was born feral and I rescued at 3 weeks and bottle raised, who also has some serious socialization issues, although she seems to hate me and has never forgiven me for saving her life.... 

You mentioned your cat, Cleo, has a brother -- his name wouldn't happen to be Indigo Blue (or Indy), would it?????  (Cue Twilight Zone music....)

As far as acting differently, When I was pregnant with DS, one of my dogs became very clingy and protective of me, and would often stand next to the sofa when I was put on bedrest with his chin resting on my belly.  He would stand that way for hours; I would assume it was uncomfortable for him, but he was bound and determined to stay with me and keep his chin on that bump.....Strange, how he could be so protective and turn so demonic later.....when my son was 17 months old, that dog attacked him and had to find a new home.  I think he was more protective of ME than of the baby, unfortunately.  Now my cats, on the other hand - even the one who seems to hate me for saving her life - they all adore my LO; it's all I can do to keep them from sleeping in his bed with him....in fact, I've pretty much given up and let them sleep with him now that he's older, unless he asks me to get the cats out of his bed. 

• Immediately after we got our first BFP, my cat, Fee, climbed into bed with us (not unusual) & curled up right on my tummy.  I will never forget that.  :)  
  • imageZZsmommy:

::::::::::Butting in::::::::::::::

You have a cat named Cleo Belle?  I have a cat named Cleo Belle!  Whoa!  Mine is a bit older than yours - she just turned 7 (I think.....7 sounds right....I can't remember how old I am half the time, so please don't expect me to know how old my cats are for sure.  I think she was born in 2003 though, since that was the year I got my new car after my car was totaled by a reckless driver, so that would make her 7). 

What's even crazier is I have a cat named Ellie Jean who was born feral and I rescued at 3 weeks and bottle raised, who also has some serious socialization issues, although she seems to hate me and has never forgiven me for saving her life.... 

You mentioned your cat, Cleo, has a brother -- his name wouldn't happen to be Indigo Blue (or Indy), would it?????  (Cue Twilight Zone music....)

That is crazy!  We actually were going to name her Theo or Cleo when we didn't know what she was.  Then when we found out Cleo it was and somehow Belle just got added on to the end. 

Her (adopted) brother is Coby. 

• Our dogs are just a bit more obsessive than anything. One is constantly at my guard. I actually had a thought before the BFP that something was going in because they were acting so crazy. Guess I know why now.
  • My cat used to come cuddle about once a day when I would be watching TV...in the last month she has decided she is my shadow and must be on me all the time. She is on my belly right now while I'm at my desk. If I'm sitting up straight and she can't jump on me, she will climb up behind me and sit on my shoulder. And she sits outside the bathroom and cries if I don't let her in. She used to be so independent, and now...not so much. I hope she adjusts well with the baby!

p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"