Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I need some encouragement! Flame free confession.

As embarrassed as I am to admit this.  DH and I are going to try to quit smoking again for the New Year.  We both quit for like 3 months back in July and then DH started again and then I soon after.  I hate it so much.  I hate the way it smells, the way it makes me feel.  I'm just so scared of failing again.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I need some encouragement! Flame free confession.

• Good luck! I am a former smoker and I know how hard it can be.

Have you thought about Chantix? It works really well for some people.

• DH and I quit before we started TTC and luckily never picked it back up.

It's so, so worth it.

Good luck!

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sucks and it's hard, but it IS totally doable!  Whatever your big motivation, stick with that, and have someone hold you accountable.  Maybe keep a picture of your LO handy to help motivate you and remind you why it's important to quit?  Whatever works for you, good luck!  It's not easy but it is worth it.
  • Why would someone flame you for that? I think it takes a lot of guts to quit and is probably one of the hardest things a person can do. Don't be so hard on yourself. My DH was a 2 pack a day smoker for 18 years. He quit 6 months ago after unsuccessfully trying 7 times before. He still relies on nicorette for relief. Keep at it, one day it will stick!
  • While it is a disgusting nasty habit, (so unfitting for you, I was shocked when you first admitted to smoking a while ago), I truly believe that a person has to be hands down ready to quit with every fibre in their body.

Champex apparently works wonders to help if you are commited to quitting. After the New Year we always seem to be handing out prescriptions for it at work.

Do it for you, your DH and J.

GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekit443:

Good luck! I am a former smoker and I know how hard it can be.

Ehh this stuff really scares me and I'm the type of person that will take just about any kind of medication lol.  It makes alot of people suicidal crazy!

Thanks ladies I appreciate it! My motivation is definitely my LO and future LO's and of course our health so we can be around longer!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah that is the problem with the stuff - it either works wonders or makes you nuts.
  • imagebrideofscowboy:

While it is a disgusting nasty habit, (so unfitting for you, I was shocked when you first admitted to smoking a while ago), I truly believe that a person has to be hands down ready to quit with every fibre in their body.

Champex apparently works wonders to help if you are commited to quitting. After the New Year we always seem to be handing out prescriptions for it at work.

Do it for you, your DH and J.

GL!

LOL funny you say that everyone is always shocked when they find out.  I am obsessive about changing my shirt, washing my hands, and brushing my teeth after every cig.  Most people that don't know me well never know.  I'm good at hiding it.  I've done well doing cold turkey but this time I'm prepared to buy quitting aids if it will make things easier.

• One great tip I've heard is to put all the money you'd have spent on smoking into a savings account (or even just a piggy bank), and then once you hit a pre-determined goal (3 months, 6 months, a year, whatever) you can take the money and do something fun! Maybe to encourage both you AND H, you could each keep a savings of money you've saved from quitting, and then if one of you smokes they have to hand their cash over to the other person? 

I definitely want to encourage you. I smoked (casually) before I was PG, and the reason I didn't start again afterwards is because of DS. The effects of third hand smoke are worrisome, and I just didn't want to worry about him being affected by it.

I know you can do it! You can join quitting forums, in some places there are even smokers hotlines you can call and they will help you set up a personalized quitting plan. This is a great goal for you to have, both for yourself and your DS. If you need support we are here for you :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • I've had many friends successfully quit using the electronic cigarette.  I don't have any info, but I'm sure you can google it.  They've all sworn by it now. And they were heavy smokers.  GL to you. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • imageCalinsBride:

One great tip I've heard is to put all the money you'd have spent on smoking into a savings account (or even just a piggy bank), and then once you hit a pre-determined goal (3 months, 6 months, a year, whatever) you can take the money and do something fun! Maybe to encourage both you AND H, you could each keep a savings of money you've saved from quitting, and then if one of you smokes they have to hand their cash over to the other person? 

I definitely want to encourage you. I smoked (casually) before I was PG, and the reason I didn't start again afterwards is because of DS. The effects of third hand smoke are worrisome, and I just didn't want to worry about him being affected by it.

I know you can do it! You can join quitting forums, in some places there are even smokers hotlines you can call and they will help you set up a personalized quitting plan. This is a great goal for you to have, both for yourself and your DS. If you need support we are here for you :)

I LOVE this idea! Thank you so much!

• DH used chantix super successfully!! He did have some crazy dreams though. I am not/have not been a smoker so I don't know how hard it is but I bet you both are going to have to be in it together to get it to be a success!
  • Don't be afraid to fail. You can do it! And we'll support you--bumping keeps your hands busy!
  • I work with marines and prescribe Chantix all of the time... with great success!  It is not easy to quit, and it seems to help them kick the habit even while their co-workers are smoking around them.

I think this is an AWESOME resolution - keep us updated as extra motivation! 

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

• imagekit443:

Good luck! I am a former smoker and I know how hard it can be.

DH used this and has not had a cigarette in over 18 months. He said it was soo much better than the patch or any other anti-aniexty meds that he was given before.

• No flames from me! Good luck and just think of how much healthier it will be for your whole family!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"