Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

If your LO has issue gaining weight please come in!

LO was 6.9 at birth and at her 6 month check up she was 13.10.

The Dr. is concerned had asked me to fatten her up any way possible. She said to add butter to her food and feed her as often as I can. She was rejecting formula at daycare but they have now solved this.

My question is if any of you had similar issues and what did you do to help LO put some weight on?

Re: If your LO has issue gaining weight please come in!

• Options

DD's stats are close to your LO.  7 lbs 1 oz at birth and at 6 month appt she was 13 lbs 2 ozs.  The doctor isn't concerned though because her weight gain has been steady (consistently a pound a month). 

I almost EBF, so my situation might be a little different.  I feed her as much as she wants, even at night (which can be around three feedings).  I just started giving her some formula (2ozs) before breakfast and dinner to see if that helps.  It seems to be all I can give without it affecting my supply. 

I also make each meal count.  I put coconut oil in her fruit in the morning (it actually tastes really good) and add avocado, coconut oil, or butter to her veggies/fruit at night.  I also started giving her meat (I grind up what we are having in the food mill).

Honestly, although I am doing the above things, I really try to not stress about it.  She may not be the biggest baby, but she looks healthy and is happy.  Your little cutie looks good to me!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD was 7lbs, 4oz at birth and 15lb, 2oz at her 6mo appt.  Our pedi didn't seem concerned, she just told us that she is gaining weight at a normal pace (about 1.5 lbs a month) and that she is just petite and not to worry about it.  It may just be that your LO is on the teeny side  (not a bad thing!  I'm right there with ya).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a problem from 4-6 mo... Mr. D had a nasty stomach virus and didn't gain any weight at all.. he was 13lb 14 oz and dropped off the growth chart for his weight. We upped the amount of bottles/formula (trying for 6 - 6-7oz a day) makeing sure to give him a full bottle before his solid meals--usually about 45 minutes  before and added oatmeal with each meal for calories. He's put 2.5 lbs on in a month doing this so my pedi is happier about the situation. What ever you choose to do good luck and I hope your LO gets some weight on. 
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My daughter was born 7 lbs 8 oz. At six months she was 12 lbs. She's struggled with gaining weight since birth. Other than AR, she doesn't really have any health issues. We've even been to Children's to try to figure out what was going on. She's been in daycare since late Sept/early Oct. and she's been sick with colds, ear infections, and stomach flues the entire time. Since I've been off for the holidays (I'm a teacher, so I get a big break), she's been eating so much more. A month ago she was eating 13-16oz per day. Now she's eating 24-34 oz per day. I feel horrible because now I know that even though she seemed happy, she must have been very sick to not want to eat. If your child doesn't have any health issues and just simply doesn't want to eat, there is little you can do. You can boost the calorie intake by adding things to her formula/BM such as oatmeal or rice cereal (we do rice cereal b/c of the AR). But, after months of struggling and worrying, DH and I just came to the fact that you can't make a child eat. They'll eat when they are ready. Your kiddo is way ahead of mine. I'm sure she's just fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"