Pregnant after a Loss

Will a pregnancy pillow help my aches and pains?

I usually sleep on my stomach and I can't anymore...so uncomfortable. So I have been sleeping on my sides, I flip from left to right and back again a few times every night. Whichever side I am on, my arm and hand fall asleep and my hip hurts which in turn makes my butt muscle on that side hurt and I wake up in pain. 

Will a pregnancy pillow help? Does anyone have a rec? Snoogle? Boppy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Will a pregnancy pillow help my aches and pains?

• At week 14 my back was killing me every morning, so I got a snoogle.  It really helped with that.  Now that I'm further along I still like my snoogle but notice my arm falling asleep more than before.  It's kind of pricey, but to be honest I figured if I got one good nights sleep out of it, it would be worth it.  Plus, my husband loves to use it if I don't.  lol.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• I got a Snoogle for my bday a few weeks ago and it has been amazing! I definately think I have been more comfortable when sleeping with it and I go from falling asleep with it behind me to support my back to hugging it by the morning. As well, I had some sciatic pain that I don't notice in the morning anymore.
    BFP#1 missed mc on 7/14/10 at 10 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a belly sleeper also. Last pg I began getting uncomfortable sleeping around 7 weeks between my sore bewbs and bloated belly. So I got a Snoogle and I'm already using it  :)  It's not perfect yet b/c I think it will take a little bit to just get used to sleeping on my side, but it's much better than what it was without!

• I got a U shaped pregancy pillow from Amazon and it is amazing! Now that I'm in the 3rd tri I've been having a hard time sleeping but the pillow still makes what little sleep I get more comfortable then it would have been without it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitly.

Its soooo... much better on the hips. I love my Snoogle.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • I was having the same problem, and today I got a boppy. I just took a long nap on it and i'm in love! I highly recommend it.
  • I got just a plain body pillow so it was a lot less expensive, but I love it. I was a stomach sleeper too. I'd imagine a pregnancy pillow is even better but for now this will do for me.
  • Thanks everyone. I think I am going to order a U shaped one on amazon tonight :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"