August 2011 Moms
Options

A bit of a ridiculous vent (long)

My disclaimer here is that this probably wouldn't bother me if I wasn't pregnant right now. A little background: my grandmother has 10 grandchildren between her 3 children, and we all grew up very close. So our relationship is more like brothers/sisters than cousins.

Having said that, I have one cousin - younger than me by 3 years - that is driving me INSANE! She has a son that just turned two. While my cousin's were all together the other night, she started dispensing advice for everyone. For one cousin it was about this girl that he is NOT dating (but apparently should be) and for my newly wed cousins it was about pregnancy. They were all hanging on her every word and the newly wed couple said "wow! We're going to -insert cousin's name - for advice when we get pregnant because we know nothing about it!

Well of course she has read all the books and knows everything about it (cough cough - she was the one crashing go-karts when she was in her 3rd trimester, after two previous miscarriages). She continues with "I am basically the go-to person for relationships, pregnancy, finances (they live on food stamps), and sex." WTH? She then added the gem "I'm surprised KaLyn announced her pregnancy to us this early. You should wait until after your first ultrasound."

I'm sorry, my business! I'm 9 weeks, and I announced because the entire family was actually together for once, and my first ultrasound isn't until almost 10 weeks. I realize that some wait until after the first trimester, but like I said, my family is all very close, and word was leaking out quickly. I wanted to share myself before everyone knew already. And HOW exactly is she the "go-to" person for everything? 

Gold star for you if you read this far. I just needed to get that off my chest. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A bit of a ridiculous vent (long)

• Options
    Yikes!!  She sounds like a real winner.  I think there's one of those in every family & it's good that you know to ignore her & her "awesome" advice
  • Options

My uncle would call her a "sexual intellectual".......................in other words... a fuckingknow-it-all Smile

Ugh, sorry!

imageimageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Her kid is two? I have a feeling she won't be the go to person for parenting advice for much longer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, sounds like people in my family who try to tell me how to do things. When all I want to shout is I got the hell out of hell and your still here. 
  • Options
    image84Lauren:

My uncle would call her a "sexual intellectual".......................in other words... a fuckingknow-it-all Smile

Ugh, sorry!

LOLOLOLOL

• Options
    How annoying.  Hope you can just learn to ignore her!
  • Options
    Wow. She sucks. Valid rant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBuford&Bullit:
    Yikes!!  She sounds like a real winner.  I think there's one of those in every family & it's good that you know to ignore her & her "awesome" advice

Totally agree... Unfortunately it's one of the 'perks' of family. Try your very very best to ignore or avoid her all together. Only you know whats best for you...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think she would rub me wrong even if I weren't pregnant. Good luck with dealing with her for the rest of the pregnancy. It would have been a throw down night had someone said that to me! lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She's a gem alright. Sorry you have to put up with her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"