February 2011 Moms

I'm being such a b$tch wife...slight vent.

And I know it I really do, but I can't help it. DH has a sinus infection - or allergies - or something. My DS had it last week, I have what I think might be the beginnings of it. My head is killing me, nasty cough. AND I'm uber uncomfortable 24 hours a day - barely sleeping - crappy lower back pain. But DH is like laying on the couch immobile. REALLY? We're both off today, and had some plans to do a few things and he's like out of commission. Its a cold...I mean, for real?? DS wants to go outside and play, I took him to the mall for a while and got an oil change (something DH was supposed to get done today). I come home thinking giving DH a few hours would help him recharge - NOPE. Still slothing it up on the couch. I know I shouldn't be mad abt him not feeling well, and he's so helpful normally so I really really shouldn't be such a *** but I'm over it! I'm not gonna blame it on the hormones. I just want him to suck it up and get  up off the couch!! Take some meds and lets get it gon! 

We planned on a nice NYE at home (first time in 10 years), chill during the day, cook dinner...annnnnnd here I am waddling around half sick myself, trying to occupy DS and pretend I'm not disappointed that on a rare day off all together he's being a slug. Yup...I'm a brat.

Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I'm being such a b$tch wife...slight vent.

• Ugh, manflu. Men catch a cold and become big slobbering babies who can no longer even wipe thier own @$$. I know it well. Funny how that even when I have a really bad cold/sinus infection, I still manage to be a good mom to my kids, feed them, keep a mostly clean house, and do what I have to do. He... becomes incapacitated.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Oh my...Wish we lived closer together...we could go out to eat and hang out and our DH's could sloth it up.  I worked all day and my DH had today off... I got home at 3p and my husband was asleep in bed.  He's still there.  When I got home between snoring, he said he had a sinus infection.  UGH... I'm being a *** too, but I don't think I have ever spent a day in bed, and I guarantee I have felt a lot worse with the pregnancy.  I just want to pout. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh - I totally know what you mean. DH doesn't get sick very often, but when he does it's much of the same. Plus he always wants me to hug and soothe him when he's sick - ew! Keep those germs away from me and I can take much better care of you!
  • Thanks for sympathizing ladies. He's finally up and around but he's still being a big cry baby and wondering why I'm in a bad mood! Paroozing (sp) the chinese menu as we speak. 

Shanin - Your dogs are absolutely adorable. We had to put our pup down a few weeks ago (also a Boston)...so I'm a big blubbering baby over cute fur babies and yours are beautiful! We're planning on getting another dog after a year or so when LO is a little older and the new baby phase settles down. I would looooove a boxer!

Have a fun night girlies!  

Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Im sorry, I know how hormones can make things seem so much worse. In his defense though if he had anything like I had a few weeks ago (and am still getting over) I felt like death and didnt move off the couch for a week. In your defense, wait until you have it full blown and then you can milk it right back =)
    image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Awww, Mrs.H, I am so sorry to hear about your pup.  Was he sick??  I do not look forward that at all :(  I, of course, am obsessed with my pups....boxers and little bostons are my favorite! My little one is mixed with a french bulldog.  You should totally get a boxer after you have your LO.  Thanks for the compliments on my furbabies and glad to hear your DH has come back to life.  Mine did too...and now we are both playing on our computers.  What an exciting NYE :)  Oh well...Happy New Year!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"