Toddlers: 24 Months+

If you've consigned LO's clothes...

Do they pay you a percentage of what they sell it for or do they just give you a price up front?  Has anyone used Children's Orchard?  Any tips you could offer?  I have 3 giant plastic bins full of Gymboree, Carters, Old Navy, Gap, and Children's Place that I need to get rid of ASAP.  TIA! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you've consigned LO's clothes...

• Any chance you have 3T shorts/capris with adjustable waists?

Sorry, I haven't consigned before.  I know some stores buy it outright from you and others you wait until it is sold and get a %.

• We use Once Upon a Child, and they weed through the clothes and then make an offer. They will typically pay you 1/2 of what they plan to sell it for. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on the store. Some of them go through the clothes and keep what they will sell and make you an offer and others sell the items then give you a % of what they sold. The ones who sell and then give you a % usually also have a time limit like they will try to sell your stuff for 60 or 90days.

I have sold clothes to the Children's Orchard several times. They weed through the clothes and keep what they can sell and make you an offer for the clothes. They will give cash or a store credit to use at their store. The store credit is always more than the cash but I usually just take the cash. The one I use takes appointments and you get your money and whatever they don't keep the same day usually. You can also drop off clothes w/o an appointment and it usually takes them 2 weeks to get back to you. I have gotten anywhere from $50 to $90 depending on how much I took.  Just a tip...don't be surprised if they don't take any of your PJs. I don't know why but they very rarely keep any of mine and some of them are in really good condition.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Also, you may want to call and ask if they have any special rules to follow. The one I use wants it in plastic/rubbermaid tubs or something similar. They also ask that you wash everything within 2 weeks of bringing it in...don't know how they know if you do this or not. I have actually taken stuff one time that hadn't been washed in a month or so and they didn't say anything.
  • Also, you may want to call and ask if they have any special rules to follow. The one I use wants it in plastic/rubbermaid tubs or something similar. They also ask that you wash everything within 2 weeks of bringing it in...don't know how they know if you do this or not. I have actually taken stuff one time that hadn't been washed in a month or so and they didn't say anything.
  • I've consigned twice at Just Between Friends. Consigners pay a 7 dollar registration fee and and make 65% of whatever they sell.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • imageeesome:
    We use Once Upon a Child, and they weed through the clothes and then make an offer. They will typically pay you 1/2 of what they plan to sell it for. 

This! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I own a Just Between Friends franchise Big Smile

You get 65%-70% of what your items sells for minus a consignor fee (typically $10-12) You prepare, tag and drop off your items at the sale and then pick them up at the end, or donate them. Then you get a check in the mail!

I have sold my stuff to local consignment stores before we had the franchise and they paid 30% of what they were going to mark it at.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"