Pregnant after IF

This beats last NYE

2009 was the year of bad crap.  Failed IVF.  Chronically ill.  Sinus surgery the Monday before Thanksgiving. Wrapped up the year with a colonoscopy.

I gotta tell you, a  NYE at home with my husband, 4 year old, and parents watching Despicable Me and the New Star Trek may sound boring, but ANYthing beats ringing out the new year with a colonoscopy.

Re: This beats last NYE

• Sounds like a fun time to me! Despicable Me is a great movie. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. And I hope 2011 is a great year for all of us.
    ? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Did I mention that I've already seen Despicable Me about 6 times?  O prefers movies on re-run.
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL! Then I guess you do enjoy Despicable Me as much as I do. I went out and bought it the day it came out - got the last blue ray they had - and I think we've seen it at least 5 times. Big Smile Love it!
    ? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sounds like the perfect night to me!
  • Totally agree with you on 2009 being the year of bad crap.  My mission for NYE last year was to drink myself into a state where I could just forget about it for a while (I know, real mature).  This year, however, I am totally content lounging around in my sweatpants because my pants are starting to get a little too tight, on the couch, with my husband.

Happy New Year, y'all!

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Sounds like my 2010 ... I had surgery in January to remove a fibroid, we found out our house is on a sinkhole in June, we evacuated our house due to sinkhole, then with all my belongings in our car, we got robbed. The saving grace is 2010 is when we got our first BFP after 5 transfers!!! It was all worth it to have our baby on it's way!
  • I was at a low point last NYE and ever though we have absolutely no plans for tonight, I am very happy this NYE staying at home with my DH, two dogs and the little guy moving all over my belly.  Life is good.
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • I watched Despicable Me last night - too cute!  How to Train Your Dragon too!  Yes we don't have any kids yet but I asked for those for X-Mas because I like them.

I am def. happy to be DH's desginated driver tonight vs. last year when I was feeling so sorry for myself and got wasted and threw up for two days.  Embarrassed

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Yeah this NYE sounds MUCH better! I haven't seen Despicable Me (really have no desire to for some reason) but Star Trek is one of my favorites!! I've never even seen the series but I love that movie! Great cast. Spock grew up in my hometown! Have a great one School!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can say that again!!! Hello 2011!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"